FO: NV (General Discussion)

By the way, I forgot to mention this in the 'early impressions' post I made a day or two ago, but it deserves specific praise: The NCR propaganda posters are awesome. Great work by the artists and/or designers there.

Do you guys listen a lot to the radio? Just curious. I like it as a piece of ambiance (stopping by a radio to listen to a newscast, or hearing a song play in the background) but I almost never switch it on myself. I think it kinda wrecks a lot of the atmosphere when you're out and about, especially since I think they did such a good job on the "normal" soundscape.

That said, that mod obviously looks like an improvement for the radio.

I only like the music-only station. I find it really distracting/startling to hear low-volume, soothing music then suddenly this loud announcer voice. :p But yeah, because the songs are split up, it means I hear the same 3-4 songs over & over again. Didn't bother me for a long time because I loved each song. But at this point it's like white noise so I think I'll be listening to my own music soon, now.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Depressing, but I wonder if those are for boxed sales or if they include the digital sales on STEAM. Not that it would boost it to incredible numbers at any rate but...

Steam numbers are generally not revealed, for whatever reason, but I do think it would boost it up a fair bit.

Edited by taviow

Depressing, but I wonder if those are for boxed sales or if they include the digital sales on STEAM. Not that it would boost it to incredible numbers at any rate but...

STEAM is never included in those numbers. The only people who know STEAM sales are at Valve and Bethesda.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

i hate the idea of playing the game with the radio on my pipboy. I like the radio playing when I walk into places that it makes sense to be on, like bars and barracks etc. i think its weird that some people listen to the radio while playing instead of soaking in the ambient soundscape.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Yeah so I beat the game and started a new game but it won't let me level up when I gain enough xp. Has anyone else had this problem? I've restarted a few times and it just won't let me get past level one I've even played all the way to Primm. This is really frustrating.

Make sure you've left combat. It won't level you up until your sneak status is blue.

Haha come on Tale I'm not a complete idiot! It's not because I'm in combat or anything, like I've gone into the game to where I've had at least 2000/200 xp thinking that maybe if I just keep going it will eventually level up. But no it's like a real bug I guess. I googled it and there seems to be a few other people with this problem. Someone mentioned that you have to delete all of your save files and then start a new game or something, but instead of doing that I just signed on to a different xbox username and started a new game and it was fine. But yeah everyone look out (on Xbox at least) when you start a new game because there seems to be a big chance that your character won't level up.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I found myself trying to disable the Classic Pack. First thing I get after starting up a new game "Classic items added to inventory." I guess I'll just sell them instead...

I have three packs installed. Classic, Caravan and Mercenary Packs. Was there any other packs you could get?

I found myself trying to disable the Classic Pack. First thing I get after starting up a new game "Classic items added to inventory." I guess I'll just sell them instead...

I have three packs installed. Classic, Caravan and Mercenary Packs. Was there any other packs you could get?

Tribal.

AFAIK, UK market is one of the most console-oriented gaming market in Europe, so low PC sales there are considered given. I'd say that more depressing are stats Bendu linked - only ~200k units sold on PC :|

Error.jpg

That's the current list on Sweden's biggest game retailer. At least we're doing our part to keep the PC scene alive! Actually, I should have gotten a screendump from yesterday when the PC version of the Collector's Edition was in ninth or tenth place. But it was sold out so it fell off the list.

Also note that five out of ten of the top pre-orders are for PC games. Dying.. right.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Godo news, it's No.1 in the big stores in the UK on PC (dunno about console ::sinffs:: ).

The item I saw for UK specifically mentioned "all platforms".

Actually only 10% of tracked sales were for PC version.

What do you mean actually? I wasn't commenting on the relative spread of the sales between the formats, merely commenting on the fact that FONV topped all the charts...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The wonderful gamebryo engine will sometimes hurt or kill you when it goes ka-ka with the collision detection. I died when trying to jump up on a truck because the game placed me inside the truck mesh.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Have you guys noticed the many hollowed out rocks placed here and there in New Vegas? Anyone know what they are for? They usually just contain mundane items for me..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

some of them have something written on 'em. Rex is very useful when searching for these

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

the summit isn't. only parts around the craters

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.