FO: NV (Spoilers)

I've been attacked by crazy old ladies in Freeside.

I forgot about that. There were three ol' broads who tried to beat me down melee style if I remember correctly. But all sorts of things seem to be weirdly different. The first game I started I didn't finish but I actually ended up doing quests for both the Powder Gangers and NCR until I sided with the NCR and stormed the prison. In the next two games, I was attacked on sight by the Powder Gangers and I never got a quest from the NCR to storm the prison. I figure the first time my defending Ringo (or whatever that traders name is) didn't earn me as bad of a rep for some reason maybe. Dunno.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

There's a broken fridge near Goodsprings, with a skeleton in it, that spawns the 'fancy gambling hat' or something...(for female chrs. it's the purplish one w/the feather)...that's Wild Wasteland too. From what I understand, beside the weapon replacements, a lot of WW is mostly dialogue related.

I think it's been said before but that's a refference to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I, too, started a new char, Very Hard/no Hardcore. 4/4/3/7/6/10. guns are at 14, energy w. at 10 and are gonna stay that way until I can't take two steps without dying. gonna try and do most quests without killing anyone, gonna avoid most creatures (I'll have to take the Animal Friend perk at some point I guess).

I don't think it's a good enough build for it's purposes, maybe perception and agility should be switched, we'll see. also, not opening any locked containers and not hacking any terminals is very tempting, but I guess it'll be easier to find a mod that disables the xp reward for these actions.

I have a question, with Luck of 10 will the other +criticals items work? or it's capped at 10?

on a sidenote, I really liked Doc's comment on my LCK score :aiee:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Might I sugget you don't talk to any npcs and don't loot any bodies or containers? lol I kid! I kid! Maybe, after the current run, I'll create something new for me. A complete thief. No, not an assassin. I mean I will try to sneak everywhere and see how many times I can avoid killing anything. I'll try to kill as many folks I do have to kill by picking their pockets and slipping in some explosives. I don't know, not the way I usually play, but it might be interesting.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I have a question, with Luck of 10 will the other +criticals items work? or it's capped at 10?

I was wondering that myself in regards to the Finesse perk...if I already have 8+ Luck, is there a point to taking it etc. Since Boone has 6 Luck/Crit and they gave him a hat that's +5Crit I don't think it's capped at 10. It sure felt like having high Luck, beret, and Finesse made a big difference in my run & gun crits when combined together, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Edit: the wiki says, for Fallout 3 : The maximum possible base critical chance is 18% with ranged weapons, and 33% with unarmed and melee weapons. The base critical chance is modified by a weapon's critical multiplier to obtain the final chance to score a critical hit. Also, a +15% critical chance bonus is added to all attacks in V.A.T.S.

The problem is I'm not sure if they changed how it works for NV.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

well, I'll pass on Finesse then. and there really isn't much else to wear on the head, Boone's beret will be glued to it for the rest of the game again

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I was disappointed with the headgear. Except for aesthetic or comic value (try putting a motorcycle helmet on Boone....) everything but the beret felt extraneous (for a gunner/sniper at least).

Side Tag note: I took the Four Eyes and "your limbs are easily crippled" perks and the latter does make a big difference in how fast my limb condition deteriorates/need more stimpacks to keep them healthy. So I think I'll keep it & not offset it with that other perk (adamantite skelie?). It's nice having 6/9/4/4/7/7/7 with (edit, wait, sorry, I did take 1 intense training I think...). Plus I always wear sunglasses anyway, because it looks cool.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm only near the beginning of my second play through, this time siding more with the Legion than NCR. I'm curious, is it me or does siding against the NCR early on mean quite a bit of quests aren't going to be available to me? I'm just basing this on the fact that my first play through, siding with NCR, quite a few of the quests I undertook dealt with them and my good standing with them.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I haven't done any implants yet. The thought gives me the heebie jeebies. :p

implants in FO2 had awesome pipboy pictures

Walsingham said:

Starting over again (w/same chr., I reload a save in DocMitch's house) because I can't stop fiddling with the exp. stuff/deciding what I want out of it. >_<

xpbase at default of 200

xpbumpbase to 500 (from 150) (will need 3 or 4 times exp to reach lvl 20 I think)

xpRewards for hack, speech and pick lock cut by half

xpRewards for killing enemies/npc lowered so nothing should give me more than 10xp

rewards for area/secret discovery set to 1 instead of 10.

Should at least make getting to lvl 16 take a good while, and getting to lvl 22+ take a very long while, if ever. I'll self-gimp a bit more & stick with this one until level 12 and see how it goes.

Edited by LadyCrimson

So, I literally stumbled onto these 'aliens' because I thought their spaceship looking thing was a weird looking building. I polish them off and get, among other things, the alien blaster. now, I took energy weapons, and so I assumed my skill would be just fine for the blaster, but I saw that it took special ammo that I haven't seen in stores. I thought that I'd save it for a rainy day weapon since, even though I had 165 rounds, each round is precious. Fast forward a couple game weeks. I'm trying to skulk around the outside of the Sloan Quarry doing a quest when the Deathclaw broodmother comes after me. For all the easy chatter, I think Deathclaws are pretty tough hombres, so I run to Boone, who's holding the ammo for me, and then to ED-E, who's holding the actual blaster, equip it and turn expecting to die because the bitch is running so fast that she's right on top of me. I got off a few shots and lo and behold, a glowing blue puddle. The Deathbabies come up and one shot each. Holy crap, that blaster is complete badness. I've never found it previously.

Obsidian Plays

Final battle, Lanius goes down in one shot from the Alien Blaster.

Two Praetorians come behind him. I fire two shots. One misses, both die.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So here are all the abundant DLC hints in the game people seem to have found so far:

- A map Nav point called "North Passage" on the North (natch) side of the map that appears to be a cave, but it is currently blocked by boulders. In all likelihood this will be the site of the first DLC, probably New Canaan related.

- A tunnel with a locked door on the West side of the map, with no apparent key existing.

- Antony in the Legion Camp indicates that Denver / Dog City is canon.

- In the Legion Camp there is a map on a table that charts a bunch of territory East of the Colorado.

- The Boomers mention an "Area 2" to the East of the map that contains many weapons.

- If you complete Veronica's quest and reach a certain point in the Brotherhood questline, she says that Elijah, the AWOL former elder who was nearing some sort of breakthrough at HELIOS One before it was taken by the NCR, is still alive and has sent her a message indicating an intent on his part to "cleanse the wastes" so that the BoS can rule them. Sounds awfully familiar.

That tunnel with a locked door isn't the abandoned BoS bunker, is it?

Edit: Nope, that's Eastern side of the map.

Another DLC hint is the courier that gave up the job. He's left mysterious writing near Primm seemingly obsessed with Courier Six (the player).

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Mhm. A DLC in Dog City could be nice. But it's so far away from New Vegas... plus, I fear that it would remove even more Van Buren canon. :/

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

New Vegas isn't slavishly chained to Van Buren canon. I hope they remain similarly unfettered in the future.

Obsidian Plays

Never mind, I suddenly remembered. Another brainfart.

Edited by LadyCrimson