Fallout Vet Loving New Vegas

Sunlessdaysrise

I've been playing fallout since 97' and I have to say that all these negative reviews coming out are pathetic. The ingenious way you've made fallout:NV destroys Fallout 3. Bethesda made the right choice putting Fallout back into the hands of people experienced with it. I give them credit of course for jumping into something they really had zero experiance with and they did a fantastic job. But all the team members at Obsidian have really took fallout to where it should have been after Fallout 2. It bothers me to no end that in all the reviews i've read they have never once mentioned anything in comparison to fallout 1 and 2. All the mechanics I've wanted to see from those two games are brought to life in this glorious sequal. I tip my hat off to you at obsidian for making the 11 years of waiting well worth it. I hope that making this game gives Bethesda a chance to really see how it's done and whether or not the people at Obsidian or Bethesda make the next fallout I know that it will be perfect. Thank you again for giving me a reason to adore fallout again.

I totally agree. New Vegas is seriously soaking up my time, I always want to see what's round the next corner and what's in the next crate. Maybe it's a bigger, cooler piece of armor or beasties !. Endless exploration..which is why I loved FO, Morrowind and Stalker. New Vegas is definitely giving me the same buzz I had with those games. I never usually post in forums and I doubt I'll ever log onto to this forum again but I thought I would today, as I have had such a good time with this game. Well done Obsidian, please make more stuff like this !

I haven't seen that many really negative reviews...altho I certainly haven't tried to find/read all the smaller/lesser known (to me) website reviews. Most of the ones I read think it's a great to good game, and they're mostly complaining about the bugs/crash issues, not gameplay. Which I can understand. If you're experiencing a lot of crashes or bug weirdness, it's often the thing foremost in your mind.

I have some crash issues but I keep obsessively playing anyway, which I think says a lot about the gameplay despite any tech issues. :lol: So yeah, well done Obs. Very fun.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

• 3 weeks later...

I must say it surely speaks volumes that people join up just to say how good the game is.

I'm still holding off, because I can't afford the distraction now. So it being awesome actually makes the situation worse! :ermm:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been playing fallout since 97' and I have to say that all these negative reviews coming out are pathetic. The ingenious way you've made fallout:NV destroys Fallout 3. Bethesda made the right choice putting Fallout back into the hands of people experienced with it. I give them credit of course for jumping into something they really had zero experiance with and they did a fantastic job. But all the team members at Obsidian have really took fallout to where it should have been after Fallout 2. It bothers me to no end that in all the reviews i've read they have never once mentioned anything in comparison to fallout 1 and 2. All the mechanics I've wanted to see from those two games are brought to life in this glorious sequal. I tip my hat off to you at obsidian for making the 11 years of waiting well worth it. I hope that making this game gives Bethesda a chance to really see how it's done and whether or not the people at Obsidian or Bethesda make the next fallout I know that it will be perfect. Thank you again for giving me a reason to adore fallout again.

I would enjoy it if there hadn't been a glitch that just ruined my save file with 60 hours of playtime on it.

Just replay it. Any game worth its salt is worth replaying anyway, and I hear FO:NV is worth its salt.

Sheesh, krez. Not everyone has 60 hours of free time. :)

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.