Fallout: Las Vegas Survivors' Journal

Fallout: Death is Always an Option

I've realized this is Obsidian's most positive game. Am waiting for the other shoe to drop.

How do you kill giant radscorpians? I can get a regular one with a critical strick with my hunting rifle, but I can't fight a giant one without losing half my health.

Does anyone know if there's any real chance of NOT becoming vilified by the Powder Gangers? They fire on you right from the get go & I just thought they were random bandits. I mean, hey, you fire at me, I fire at you, that's the way it works, oh yes. Since they hate me now anyway, I may try wiping them out or something if I can. I wonder if you can PO everyone off and be the Evil Lone Wolf. Probably not, I'll have to choose someone right...

I noticed that the Powder guy hanging out in Goodtown (sorry I'm bad at remembering names) wouldn't talk to me until after I'd become vilified...then I had the option of killing Ringo & 'taking over the town' with the guy....dunno if that's par for course or the offered way to start to regain rep with the Powder dudes if you wanted. I reloaded, I don't want to help him, he's all skeevy & Powder dudes are idiots. ;)

I guess I should take notes when these NPC's jabber at me since I can't even remember what Ringo's deal is. haha.

1. I managed to get to Accepted with the Powders by killing one and wearing his armor whenever I see the others. (They won't attack.) I then when to the NCR Correctional Facility and spoke with Eddie who gave me a number of jobs. I later betrayed them because they're not that powerful or interesting.

2. Yes, I believe there's that option for all the factions. After [important plot event], the NCR guy sent me a message informing me that he'd forgive any trouble I've had previously with the NCR if I visited with him and helped out.

3. There's no story with Ringo. He was attacked and for some reason they've decided to terrorize the town until they kill him. I might have missed something as that sounds a bit weak to me.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

3. There's no story with Ringo. He was attacked and for some reason they've decided to terrorize the town until they kill him. I might have missed something as that sounds a bit weak to me.

He was part of a caravan they attacked.. and he actually fought back and killed a couple of the Powder Gangers. So they basically decide to make a firm statement on "killing us is a bad idea when we want to take your caravan goods" and try to hunt him down to make an example.. and then its "hey, there's this small community here, let's bring it under our influence."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I managed to get to Accepted with the Powders by killing one and wearing his armor whenever I see the others. (They won't attack.) I then when to the NCR Correctional Facility and spoke with Eddie who gave me a number of jobs.

wow that didn't ork for me, probably I was too far into the negative reputation, I managed to get past the normal guards to Eddie, but as soon as he saw me he started firing at me :ermm:

I found a couple of recruitable characters (Santiago, the doctor in the Mormon's Fort, Rex) but I don't want to let Boone go, well, I'll take Rex eventually, but only after I get my Power Armor Enclave issue :lol:

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

depends on the companion, but yeah, Rex can be taken along with Boone. just made it to Jacobstown, and so far it's my favorite area in the game :ermm: also, I kept that Novac Nightkin alive, gonna try and cure him after I finish with J-town

and for the love of everything that is dear to you, where's the BoS bunker? I found a bunker near J-town, but I need a key, and the BoS safehouse requires a key too... I took the Explorer perk and only need the location's name. pleeeease

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

You can have two companions at once, FYI.

IIRC, the rule is 1 humanoid and 1 non-humanoid. So, one of Rex/ED-E, and one actual person.

I've been running solo so far, though, as I still haven't gotten any further than Nipton. I've found ED-E, but haven't repaired it yet (I think I got sufficient Science with my last level-up, though), and I've met Cass, but, as far as I can tell, I don't yet have the option to recruit her.

I managed to miss ED-E somehow, where is it? also, isn't Marcus a recruitable character?

Walsingham said:

Marcus isn't recruitable.

Also, I got ED-E up and running only to have it die almost immediately to a bunch of Raiders. For some reason, they bumrushed the little guy (ignored me) and stabbed it to death while I was frantically trying to save it. That felt a bit lame but I didn't mind too much since that whirring noise he does when following you, well... I can tell it would've annoyed the hell out of me.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Well ED-E's side quest opens up when it overhears certain conversations and unlocks some old recordings.. Currently I have radio messages from the Brotherhood of Steel and the Followers of the Apocalypse wanting to disect the bot...

Anyone have an idea on where you can pick up a "pretty dress" for Veronica? I kind of assumed I'd be able to find one in the Strip..but so far nada...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I haven't seen any dresses, only sexy lingerie :down:

oh, and companions can't die, I don't think so, or you just pretended he was destroyed? ;)

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

it should, at least for two-handed weapons.

anyone know if there's a peaceful way to resolve the situation between Cassidy and the Van Graffs? before he kills her, Jean Baptiste says something about her being a pain in Crimson Caravans' owner's ass. but earlier I made her sell her business to CC... doesn't seem right to me

Walsingham said:

I regret having made a character with 3 strength & 2 intelligence. Now I have to look for tons of (heavy) junk to be able to fix robots. Not to mention I found lots of goodies that I can't carry with me because it's too heavy.

On the other hand, 10 luck & 10 agility make combat a breeze.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Some enemies have more aggressive reaction to Sneak more than others? Felt like the Feral Ghouls would aggro from Sneak at vast distances. I don't have a super high sneak, but even so their range/ability to detect seems greater than others. There was this Feral Ghoul Reaver up in the hills behind the police station after Primm...the ghoul was only an itty bitty dot in my rifle scope but as soon as I went into Sneak the word "caution" flashed & he started charging. I had to run from him, lot tougher than the Roamers. :D By contrast, the bandits by said police station I was able to sneak behind them until the back of their heads were pretty big in my sight.

Also, somehow I've become a Good/Peacekeeper. Must be whacking all those bandits and trying not to steal too much (I steal, just not everything, lol...). :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

oh, almost forgot, I'm with the Kings now:

10qds41.jpg

had Sergio give me a greasy hairdoo :p

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

There was this Feral Ghoul Reaver up in the hills behind the police station after Primm...the ghoul was only an itty bitty dot in my rifle scope but as soon as I went into Sneak the word "caution" flashed & he started charging.

How did you manage to outrun it? I got pretty close to it, but noticed too late it was a Reaver and couldn't escape. It would probably have followed me all the way back to Primm and killed all the NCR troopers anyway.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

There was this Feral Ghoul Reaver up in the hills behind the police station after Primm...the ghoul was only an itty bitty dot in my rifle scope but as soon as I went into Sneak the word "caution" flashed & he started charging.

How did you manage to outrun it? I got pretty close to it, but noticed too late it was a Reaver and couldn't escape. It would probably have followed me all the way back to Primm and killed all the NCR troopers anyway.

I should clarify...I was a lot closer (not using Sneak) 1st encounter, not realizing how dangerous he was, and died. I reloaded and tried several times to snipe it, with the results mentioned. As soon as I saw it charge me in the scope (before I'd even fired) I started running. For a long long time. When I turned he wasn't behind, & I'd try it again. Guess I was just far enough away?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

damn, I completely forgot you need training to wear Power Armor... already have 4 sets of 51b and can't use it :p btw, how do you get inside BoS's bunker without lockpicking at 100? abuse the commlink?

Walsingham said:

damn, I completely forgot you need training to wear Power Armor... already have 4 sets of 51b and can't use it :p btw, how do you get inside BoS's bunker without lockpicking at 100? abuse the commlink?

You can get a quest that will get you inside. ED-E's quest line will get you in, something will happen and you will be given access

ED-E's quest line will get you in

wow, a companion quest, this is very cool

Walsingham said:

Time for some jealous faces.

pipboy3billionjpg.jpg

Yes, that is solid gold with diamonds.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Bling is so over-rated! ....Wat? I'm not jealous, no wai.

Is that a quest reward or just a whole lot of caps spending? >_<