TOMDS: The Game

Tigranes

Well then I am metrosexual. I just want to keep this as similar to my real life as possible.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

As a muy caliente Latino with direct ancestry to Andalusia I'll be the "Spanish Lover". Get ready senoritas, here I come. :lol:

Dang it.. that made me want to dig up a copy of John Tams rendition of "Spanish Bride".. but it's not on youtube.. I guess those old regimental songs from Sharpe aren't lingering around..

Farewell and adieu to you Spanish lady

Farewell and adieu to you ladies of Spain

For we're under orders to sail home to England

But I know in some time we'll return once again

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

As a muy caliente Latino with direct ancestry to Andalusia I'll be the "Spanish Lover". Get ready senoritas, here I come. :lol:

Dang it.. that made me want to dig up a copy of John Tams rendition of "Spanish Bride".. but it's not on youtube.. I guess those old regimental songs from Sharpe aren't lingering around..

Farewell and adieu to you Spanish lady

Farewell and adieu to you ladies of Spain

For we're under orders to sail home to England

But I know in some time we'll return once again

Spanish Lovers only sing in Spanish, se

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Update 0

All the role information, with their special perks, night actions and/or items have been sent to the players. The 3 RFID players will know each other's identity. It is now Night 0. Some night actions (specified in PMs) aren't available, but others are. Take this opportunity to test the waters with your fellow Single Men, use night abilities if you like, and prepare for the first Day Date.

The abilities you have been given are the only 'special' actions you may take during the game, but nothing stops you from being as creative as possible during the day dates - even if it is not specified, playing your archetype will be the best way to be successful.

I will be away on conference for the next 48 hours with little to no internet, but hopefully this lets us get started. Check the updated original post for everyone's starting POS and PM-links.

It is now Night 0. Send in your night actions.

I need to reconnoitre the local environs to establish fallback positions and rally points if a date goes bad. I also need to assess potential mates, and plan phase lines about their persons.

I shall do all this by limping across rooftops, then peering down through two holes cut into a newspaper.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You've got two archetypical movie war veteran options, Wals.

1. Taxi Driver.You wear an old combat jacket with somebody else's name above the breast pocket and do weird, spaced out stuff. You are destined to climb a church tower with a hunting rifle during your lunch break. Your best bet at romance is the crazy letters mad women will send you whilst you stew on Death Row.

2. You are dignified but silent, and spend much time gazing into the middle distance. You have a disfiguring, but not completely unattractive, facial injury. You spend a lot of time in a bath chair, wearing neatly pressed flannel pyjamas, reading Rupert Brooke. You will never, ever, forget Ginger (your trusty wingman) doing down in the drink near Dover. All of the nurses at the convalescent facility are MADLY IN LOVE WITH YOU but you are too distressed to see it. When you finally do you will buy a jaunty Mk.IV Jag, a blazer and a Terry Thomas moustache and roger the lot of 'em. Ding dong!

sonsofgygax.JPG

You've got two archetypical movie war veteran options, Wals.

1. Taxi Driver.You wear an old combat jacket with somebody else's name above the breast pocket and do weird, spaced out stuff. You are destined to climb a church tower with a hunting rifle during your lunch break. Your best bet at romance is the crazy letters mad women will send you whilst you stew on Death Row.

2. You are dignified but silent, and spend much time gazing into the middle distance. You have a disfiguring, but not completely unattractive, facial injury. You spend a lot of time in a bath chair, wearing neatly pressed flannel pyjamas, reading Rupert Brooke. You will never, ever, forget Ginger (your trusty wingman) doing down in the drink near Dover. All of the nurses at the convalescent facility are MADLY IN LOVE WITH YOU but you are too distressed to see it. When you finally do you will buy a jaunty Mk.IV Jag, a blazer and a Terry Thomas moustache and roger the lot of 'em. Ding dong!

I figured I had to be those two, plus the madly besotted Victorian war veteran. One arm missing, gets the shakesm sticks it to the Bosh etc.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

24 hours until I return from conference - send in your night action by then or I will assume you have nerves of steel and simply sleep through the night. Then will come the day date. ;)

It could be all that Agent Orange I drank at the battle of Mboto Gorge, but I can't remember how we are supposed to get dates.

-Elwood Blues

Sorry to be hyper-critical but this game is contrary to all modern CRPG conventions. Surely all this player choice, linearity and indeed a complex matrix of in-game mechanics are anachronistic in the extreme.

The game needs to centre on a pre-defined character, a buff lounge-lizard called Shepherrd. **** Shepherrd. **** is fully voiced. He has mana-based chat-up lines ("get your coat love, you've pulled" or my personal favourite, "you don't sweat much for a fat lass") and is based on an award winning novelette by one of the dev team.

You can download lots of potential dates that were cut from the original and re-packaged as DLC.

Please try again.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I think we are goin gto need our own bespoke euphemsims, if we are going to get through the rude bits of this game.

-Elwood Blues

Update 1

I apologise if the game seems a little odd or confusing at times - as you expect it's the first time an Obsidian Dating Sim has been played and there will likely be small issues. But now it's Day everybody will have more things to do, and it is more free-form...

All Single Men awake this morning, alive and unharmed. It is now time for them to truly play the game.

As you all know, each day you will all be introduced to a particular Single Woman and with a specific challenge or context. Today our first Lady is Gwyneth Higginbottom. She is British, late 20's, Single, Working, and reasonably educated. But most importantly, she hates men. She hates men with a burning passion, derived from when she was 7 and the neighbourhood boy gave her 27 wedges in a single day. She believes all men just want sex and she should have nothing to do with them. It is your job to convince her otherwise, one way or the other, if you want to win the Date.

To this end, you must describe to me your Female Action Plan (which I will not shorten into an acronym):

1. You must open conversation with a pick up line. What is your pick up line, and why will it win Ms G. Higginbottom over?

2. You can choose to bring her a small gift at the start of your date. What will you bring, and why? What will you say to her as you give it to her?

3. How will you show her that she needs to get over her clearly unreasonable hatred and get with you rather than any other Single Man?

4. Will you make fun of her bumpkinish name? (Yes/No)

After waiting for your answers, I will give Gwyneth Higginbottom's responses and select the Winnar of the Date. Remember that the winner is immune from the voting that takes place amongst you immediately afterwards - the voting that determines the first Single Man to be eliminated. Make sure to check the original post for current POS levels & changes!

It is now Day 1. Participate in the thread's day date.

(To clarify: Day date stuff should be posted here, not PM'd. So we can all see.)

and night actions?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The Jock enters the fray and scans the room (my neck is too taut with muscles, so I rotate my entire body.) I sight my target.

1. I wait until she is getting hit on by a scrawny guy, and then I step up and give him a painful wedgie. My opening line is "Don't waste your time with a loser like that, a real man is here for you." This will work because she probably secretly enjoyed those wedgies she received as a child, and as much as she will hate to admit it, she is attracted to me just like she was her childhood bully.

2. I will give her an autographed photo of me competing in a recent Bodybuilding competition. The bronzer will glisten.

3. I've already rekindled memories of her childhood, and my aggressive nature will cause her to hate me. But that hate will burn bright, and once the emotions are running high, I will bring her into a passionate kiss. If she doesn't pepper spray me, I'm in.

4. Of course I make fun of her name. But I'm not smart enough to make any witty changes to it, so I just pronounce it funny and laugh.

Guest The Architect

Action plan is simple. I go out to a club, feeling pretty good about myself, with my $2000 brown leather jacket, perfectly slicked back, albeit overly gelled dark hair, and seductive, crooked smile.

I spot my bitch, Ms. Higginbottom. For a change, she's decided to put her prude ways aside and hit the town, get some drinks into her, get on the dance floor and shake her booty. She clearly wants it. So I confidently strut over towards her and meet her on the dance floor.

1. I say,