TOMDS: The Game

Tigranes

You are here because there is something within you that needs to be free. A strange longing that energises you yet threatens to tear you apart. Strange dreams that will not subside with the coming of day. Something primal that wants to, needs to break out.

You know what I am talking about. You know you need to see this through. Yes. You need, the One True Love.

It is time for The Obsidian Men's Dating Sim.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOMDS is a group roleplay adventure based on basic mechanics of Mafia games. There is a 'day' and 'night'; each of you have a specific role; and each day, one of you will be voted out of the game. You play by posting during the day and PM'ing actions during the night, roleplaying the most devastatingly romantic Single Man you can imagine, finding out more about your competition and ensuring your survival to the very end. We, your hosts, have put together some reference material to guide you in this endeavour...

TL:DR Version: Go to the bottom of the post, read the roles, and pick one. They will be handed out first come first serve.

The Philosophy of Dating, by M. J. Sokratis and S. Tzu

• Know Thyself. All of you are Single Men, each with a specific role with abilities, items and/or perks. All Single Men are therefore unique in some way. All Single Men want, need, and must win, their One True Love.
  • Know Thy Enemy. 3 of the Single Men are in fact Radical Feminists In Disguise (RFID). They are not interested in dating, and their aim is to infiltrate the Single Men and sabotage their attempts at finding One True Love. Single Men must locate and eradicate the dreaded RFID before they sabotage their efforts.
  • Information is Power. You know basic facts about all Single Men, but not much more. The more you know about other Single Men, the better you can strategise your survival and romantic success.

Powers of Seduction: How To Unleash The Inner You

• Powers of Seduction, or POS, are your primary units of competency in TOMDS. Positive POS will help your romantic endeavours during the Day, while negative POS is like walking into Fallout with a luck score of 2.
  • Your starting POS depends on your role. POS increases or decreases depending on how well you do in Dates and what happens at Night.

Date Your Heart Out

• Each day, a Single Woman will be introduced to the group, with their own particular tastes and preferences. A specific challenge will be issued, involving multi-choice answers and free-form responses. Single Men who come up with the most creative romantic endeavours, and those who play to the strengths and particularities of their own roles, will have the greatest chance of success.
  • When you are this good at dating, nothing can stop you: if you win the day's date, the overwhelming sense of triumph and accomplishment will immunise you from any harm, and you cannot be voted off that day. Effect wears off by night.
  • Other than the winner, the worst wooer of the day will also be named. This has no effect other than a crushing sense of shame.

Voting and Night Actions: A Beginner's Guide

• Each day, all characters will be able to vote out a Single Man, by way of simple majority (of all who vote). Once voted out, that player cannot perform night actions or participate in dates, though may choose to hang around and post as a Bitter Single Man (BSM).
  • Day Votes continue until only 4 players remain: at this point, a mega free-for-all finale date will determine the winner.
  • Each role has its own unique set of night actions, which mostly involves investigation, sabotage / robbery and protection of Single Men. Night actions must be performed via PM (to me), and only one can be chosen per night.
  • You may choose to Sleep it off after a healthy dose of Romantic Movies, for a small increase in your POS.

And that's it, my beautiful Single Men. Hone your romantic mandibles, puzzle out the RFID sabotagers, and survive till the end to claim your glorious prize of One True Love.

Your registration fee of $499.99 will now be deducted from your superannuation, and cannot be refunded under any circumstances. By reading this small print, you acknowledge that the hosts of TOMDS (whose identity will remain secret under the special dispensation of the Supreme Court, Trinidad & Tobago) are in no way responsible for any physical, mental or spiritual damages that are mathematically likely to occur during your participation. If you have any queries or complaints, please direct them to +252 114 7796. Ask for Jim. International calling fees apply unless you are calling from within the sovereign nation of Somalia.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playerlist:

awsomeness, the Metrosexual | POS: +5 | --

Deadly Nightshade, the Goth-Emo | POS: -5 | --

Hurlshot, the Jock | POS: -5 | --

I want teh kotor, the Video Game Nerd | POS: 0 | -5

Mkreku, the Weirdo | POS: -5 | --

Orogun, the Spanish Lover | POS: +10 | --

Rosbjerg, the Sugar-Daddy | POS: 0 | --

Shryke, the Alcoholic | POS: +5 | --

Tale, the Creepy Dude | POS: -5 | --

The Architect, the Avatar of Cheese | POS: +10 | --

Walsingham, the War Veteran | POS: +15 | --

Monte Carlo, the Agony Uncle[/url]

It is now Day 1. Participate in the thread's day date.

Know Thy Enemy. 3 of the Single Men are in fact Radical Feminists In Disguise (RFID). They are not interested in dating, and their aim is to infiltrate the Single Men and sabotage their attempts at finding One True Love. Single Men must locate and eradicate the dreaded RFID before they sabotage their efforts.

:( where do you come up with this stuff?

tl;dr ftw!

Videogame nerd.

EDIT: Now that I have read, :(

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Guest The Architect
I am most definitely creepy dude.

Sorry, Tale called it first! In the other thread.

Lock me in for Avatar of Cheese.

And Shryke must be the alcoholic! Also, Rosbjerg should be the sugar-daddy, and Walsingham the war veteran.

Edited by The Architect

And Shryke must be the alcoholic! Also, Rosbjerg should be the sugar-daddy, and Walsingham the war veteran.

haha ok i guess i'll take the Alcoholic

hopefully i get the almighty power of drunken immunity to pain

and i also agree, Walsingham definitely is the war vet

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Rosbjerg should be the sugar-daddy.

Just because I'm paying for half of your stuff, so you'll sleep with me, doesn't make me a sugar-daddy.. I see myself as more of a social lubricator..

Fortune favors the bald.

I guess I'm war vet by popoular vote. But can I sugest we let Monte be Love Doctor? His role will be to act independently of Tigs and restore points by sage/insane advice. He may also be a RFID!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Am I the Weirdo then?

If Spider is anything to go by, then Swedish males are in general metrosexuals :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Keep on pickin', we're still waiting on Kaftan and a couple of others, we can give it a day or so.

I called creepy dude in the other thread.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I can be the jock, since I'm all buff now from my workout sessions and I have a hockey player avatar. My first act is to give the video game nerd a wedgie. Gotta set the tone early, sorry Iwanttehkotor (can we come up with a decent nickname for him?)

I can be the jock, since I'm all buff now from my workout sessions and I have a hockey player avatar. My first act is to give the video game nerd a wedgie. Gotta set the tone early, sorry Iwanttehkotor (can we come up with a decent nickname for him?)

:lol:

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Turn-based, since each day & night will likely take at least 24 hours for everyone to respond.

Monty I'll think up a side role for you and PM soon.

Richard or **** if **** isn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

As a muy caliente Latino with direct ancestry to Andalusia I'll be the "Spanish Lover". Get ready senoritas, here I come. :lol:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif