Was this a joke ?

Just tried AP - it seemed like an interesting game, so I was stupid enough to buy it....

What is wrong with game developers today ? It seems to be a new trend to release partial or unfinished games nowadays.

AP is not a playable game - it is just terrible. Controls are insensitive and characters move like some stooges. :x

You need to be miserable bored, and have nothing else to do even to play through the tutorial part ....

Don't buy this one - better trash Your money. >_<

Just tried AP - it seemed like an interesting game, so I was stupid enough to buy it....

What is wrong with game developers today ? It seems to be a new trend to release partial or unfinished games nowadays.

AP is not a playable game - it is just terrible. Controls are insensitive and characters move like some stooges. :x

You need to be miserable bored, and have nothing else to do even to play through the tutorial part ....

Don't buy this one - better trash Your money. >_<

You are trashing the game on a forum, where 99% of the people like the game? How clever...

J_C from Codexia

You are trashing the game on a forum, where 99% of the people like the game? How clever...

My opinion - and the game is nothing but trash. Sorry, I don't by that 99% like the game - In this forum might be heavily over-presented those rare "fans". But it doesn't mean majority of people agree with You.

My opinion - and the game is nothing but trash. Sorry, I don't by that 99% like the game - In this forum might be heavily over-presented those rare "fans". But it doesn't mean majority of people agree with You.

Thank you for beeing the majority of people.

Also, actually most of the Story elements have been rather universally praised. Main factor were people are mostly negative is towards. the gameplay. Which also lead to large differences in Ratings regarding preference of game elements. For example european reviewers were mostly positive.

Edit: Ok, that was a little too much but please be aware that AP is a very controversial game. Give it a second chance someday.^^

Edited by C2B

While I won't disagree with you that the tutorial is drab and boring I think the rest of the game is very good and features a design that I would want more games to go for. So far it's my third fav game this year (behind Civ V and SC2).

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Thank you for beeing the majority of people.

I didn't claim my opinion represent the majority - I said I don't buy that 99% like this game ...

Also, actually most of the Story elements have been universally praised. Main factor were people are mostly negative is towards. the gameplay. Which also lead to large differences in Ratings regarding preference of game elements. For example european reviewers were mostly positive.

Story is really important - but the game must be playable as well - In AP characters are moving comically - controls are totally insensitive etc. etc. - What ever the story is, can't substitute it. It is simply not playable - at least if You don't prefer unintended comic ...

But Nothing but trash. The voice of the majority says it.

I say It is trash - and I'm serious with it

Edited by pr-1

Story is really important - but the game must be playable as well - In AP characters are moving comically - controls are totally insensitive etc. etc. - What ever the story is, can't substitute it. It is simply not playable - at least if You don't prefer unintended comic ...

If it wasn't playable how did I play through it? And while I agree animations were a very mixed bag (worst beeing crouching) I didn't found it less responsive than other 3rd person shooters

Except if you are talking about the PC mouse stuttering bug. In that case ini changes or the patch (If you bought the US version) could help you out.

Also you and I have very different opinions on the meaning of trash.

Edited by C2B

If it wasn't playable how did I play through it? And while I agree animations were a very mixed bag (worst beeing crouching) I didn't found it less responsive than other 3rd person shooters

Let's put it this way - moving character or shooting are so comic, that it kills all interest to continue the game.

Except if you are talking about the PC mouse stuttering bug. In that case ini changes or the patch (If you bought the US version) could help you out.

I'm not speaking about that bug - but overall experience. Might be this game can be modded so that it seems less comical ...

But I'm not interested enough to search improvements.

Also you and I have very different opinions on the meaning of trash.

Might be someone can just ignore those kind of impairments - for me they make game unrealistic and lousy.

Edited by pr-1

So your critisism comes down to personal preference of a entirly subjective matter of realism in video games?

Ok, arguing is hopeless. I'm not trying to argue anymore.

Edit: Just to say. In regard to "Realism" I know as good as no games (Especially in the espionage gerne) that come even remotly close.

Edited by C2B

So your critisism comes down to personal preference of a entirly subjective matter of realism in video games?

Edit: Just to say. In regard to "Realism" I know as good as no games (Especially in the espionage gerne) that come even remotly close.

Realism is nice - but I'm not exactly expecting that much. Comically moving characters or ridiculous shooting are however not what I expect when I buy a game... especially when it is a game where You are going to sneak and shoot a lot ...

If the story really is good, then it is sad that game was released so unfinished.

Edited by pr-1

Realism is nice - but I'm not exactly expecting that much. Comically moving characters or ridiculous shooting are however not what I expect when I buy a game... especially when it is a game where You are going to sneak and shoot a lot ...

If the story really is good, then it is sad that game was released so unfinished.

In what way is the shooting ridiculous?

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Could you elaborate on your problems instead of throwing around the same four or five meaningless words over and over again? "Comically moving characters" is not a legitimate criticism, nor is "ridiculous shooting." The shooting worked fine for me.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

In what way is the shooting ridiculous?

10 dollars on "you don't get headshots even though you are trying to aim at the head aka rpg mechanics"

Agreed. That argument is irritating beyond belief. Many of those who are making that argument also seem to believe that being able to carry a 30 pound sniper rifle, 20-25 pound LMG, ammo for both, frag/flash grenades, body armor, and com equipment while being capable of firing a single round from the hip and smoking a target in the head at 125 yards while running at top speed is "realistic". Not to mention a trio of rounds from an M-16 to the chest being less lethal than a random knife hit to a limb or one-handing aforementioned LMG or sniper rifle while using the said knife.

I've said this elsewhere on these boards, but I feel many of the shooting mechanics in AP take into account mistakes that can be made when shooting in real life. I'm an avid pistol and rifle shooter, however my having the sights on a target does not guarentee a hit. I could snatch the trigger, flinch, or any number of little mistakes that translate into a clean miss. And this is standing still on a range with no bullets flying in my direction. Add in the stress of being in a gunfight, movement, etc, and you've got a recipe for making misses unless you spend a LOT of time training and practicing.

Edited by razgriz_1400

One thing - if you're noticing bad controls and/or jerkiness, etc, you might want to make sure you've tried the FAQ fixes and others around the forum. Most people's troubles here came down to a couple of minor issues regarding mouse smoothing, etc.

If you're commenting on the quality of the animations themselves, well... for me it's hard to understand how such a thing can be so highly prioritised to ruin a game, but then I'm not you. Interesting. :)

10 dollars on "you don't get headshots even though you are trying to aim at the head aka rpg mechanics"

I put in another 10 dollar here.

Shame no-one ever goes to opt other options so we can make a fortune :p.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

• 6 months later...