Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

So something weird was going on there. Either the truck took damage (and I hit the dynamite), then exploded a little later from gunshots, or it had two degrees of explodeyness.

Most explode-y cars have two phases - the engine *pops* and catches fire (which is your signal to put some distance between you and it) and then the whole thing goes up. I don't remember the first phase ever doing damage, though, so it sounds like you hit the dynamite.

So is 85 metacritic score good? Or is that the new ****?

It's average/good overall. A lot of games get that kind of metacritic score, but it's still better than most of what Obsidian has done (KOTOR2 has the same metacritic score btw).

NV is actually higher

Kotor2 PC: 85

NV PC: 88

An 85 metacritic score is very good. Everything (or almost everything) that gets above 80 on MC is worth playing.

This contradicts what you're regularly posting in the threads about Bioware games.

Boo has a job to do, dangit, and it's bigger than whether a game is good or not. He is the Anti-champion of Bioware!

An 85 metacritic score is very good. Everything (or almost everything) that gets above 80 on MC is worth playing.

This contradicts what you're regularly posting in the threads about Bioware games.

Boo has a job to do, dangit, and it's bigger than whether a game is good or not. He is the Anti-champion of Bioware!

Go, Boo, GO!

sonsofgygax.JPG

So is 85 metacritic score good? Or is that the new ****?

It's average/good overall. A lot of games get that kind of metacritic score, but it's still better than most of what Obsidian has done (KOTOR2 has the same metacritic score btw).

Good to know that Obsidian seems to be doing okay at the moment. Funny thing about KOTOR2 is that the way internet remembers it, one would guess it was a 25 game.

Enough with the dancing clown.

I'm pleased to report that Steam will have to whistle for my custom

I told them accidentally that January this year was my birthday, and now I'm not allowed to view the purchase screen. Clearly a child of only ten months can't be allowed to buy things on the internets. Wankers.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Dude, they don't save it. Check back in a few hours or tomorrow.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Metacritic's always been kinda bull****, one in that it makes arbitrary scores even more arbitrary and also in that it "converts" non-percentile review score systems, which distorts what scores would have been (for example, Gerstmann's pretty glowing 4-star review becomes a middling-by-gaming-press-standards 80%).

You know the worst bugs?

Those Cordozas. Or whatever they're called. Flying poisonous things.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Scores don't mean anything. I can't count the number of times I've seen absolute manure get 90+%.

Well of course scores don't matter to me, because I am an Obsidian fanboi. I love them whatever they do. I even have an altar dedicated to Obsidian where I sacrifice babies and kittens every night so they would avoid the fate of Troika. But like every true believer I would like my god to be loved by more people. And unfortunantely, it seems that metacritic forms the opinion for most people. So when Obsidian succesful in metacritic, a true believer like me is filled with joy and all sorts of fuzzy warm feelings towards mankind.

Enough with the dancing clown.

*looks around on youtube* boy, did they like find one of the various photos I have up on teh webz of me for my npc?

Although the voice is rather high :lol:

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.