getting a character design without exp???

tre manor

Hello, new user here.

I am VERY excited by Obsidian's newest project Dungeon Siege. I am long time wannabe artist. Way back in teh early days of Xbox I had the notion to become a digital artst- taught myself to use Wings 3d fairly well and experimented a lot with the original Z brush. Eventually life got in the way, my first son was born and I got busy being a Dad and my dreams kind of went by the wayside. I later discovered table top miniatures and fell in love with that creative process. I have been working professionally in that indsutry for the past 3 1/2 years, 2 of those operatign my own independant line of figures under the company name " Red Box Games ". I have never lost the dream of gettign into video game development, btu it has certainyl been a back burner kind of passion.

Anyway logn story short, I am wonderign if it is possible to get into character design WITTHOUT havign a degree or industry experience. I am NOT lazy or unmotivated, I just prefer to work with what I have if I can or to find out PRECISELY what I need.

I suppose noen of this is worthwhile without showing what I can do with the skills I DO have so..............

RBG%20Beautiful%20Eivor.JPG

RBG%20Yvor%20the%20Turning%20Leaf.JPG

Einar%20March%20Warden%20Captain.JPG

Leofric%20of%20Aelfheim.JPG

Red%20Vanielle.JPG

RBG%20Hvitarnor.JPG

RBG%20Njorn%20Woldvagner%20the%20Wise.JPG

RBG%20nannulf.JPG

BloodMaw%20and%20HorseBane.JPG

DogsBane.JPG

Moved to different section, as it looks more like a question about how to get into the games industry.

Nice miniatures :wowey:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Sweet jiggling Jebus!

I assume you're an ex Citadel chap?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So he hasn't been on the forum since he posted the last set of pictures? Curious.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So he hasn't been on the forum since he posted the last set of pictures? Curious.

He's probably on the lam. Hiding in racoon nests by day.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• 1 month later...

I reckon they killed him. It's what I'd do. With a vacuum cleaner.

-Elwood Blues

Wals isn't in to spooning.

I very much prefer ze fork.

-Elwood Blues