KotOR MMO epic fail?

TheHarlequin

What a friendly thread!

I plan on picking up the game and playing it to see if I like it or not. I suspect that like many MMOs, you get a free trial period.

Aren't you feeling the love?

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

"But RPGers/CRPGers as is biowares main audience may be quite disappointed with that type of game. "

But.. but.. i thoguht BIO doesn't cater to RPGers anymore? Right?

I never said that. May way to apply peoples opinions to the correct poster. Just saying.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Don't mock him! It must be difficult seeing the correct post through the tears of his fanboi crying.

Ok, that may have been a little troll..ish. :(

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Has this thread been anything else than the 'boohoo, bio sold out and now only makes crap, I'll go play some Mongolian rpg only 10 people have ever heard of' mobbing everybody else? :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Has this thread been anything else than the 'boohoo, bio sold out and now only makes crap, I'll go play some Mongolian rpg only 10 people have ever heard of' mobbing everybody else? :)

Actually a Mongolian RPG could be interesting, like about the rise of Genghis Khan. I don't really have anything against Bio but they have been like a factory on repeat for a while in my opinion. Probably a good thing business wise but I do think at least their writers could use some fresh ideas.

Ok, that may have been a little troll..ish. :wowey:

Has this thread been anything else than the 'boohoo, bio sold out and now only makes crap, I'll go play some Mongolian rpg only 10 people have ever heard of' mobbing everybody else? ;)

Actually a Mongolian RPG could be interesting, like about the rise of Genghis Khan.

Mongol Effect?

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Ok, that may have been a little troll..ish. :wowey:

Has this thread been anything else than the 'boohoo, bio sold out and now only makes crap, I'll go play some Mongolian rpg only 10 people have ever heard of' mobbing everybody else? ;)

Actually a Mongolian RPG could be interesting, like about the rise of Genghis Khan. I don't really have anything against Bio but they have been like a factory on repeat for a while in my opinion. Probably a good thing business wise but I do think at least their writers could use some fresh ideas.

Um, like, there are a million unexplored historical topics that could be made into RPG's, instead of the usual fantasy garbage. Its mind boggling.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Yes, but can I be a Warlock in Mongolia? I have no interest in being a swordsman or archer.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Mongol Effect?

Exactly! Be the great Khan! See the world! Solve everybodys daddy issues! Save the galaxy from the evil somethingsomething!

Yes, but can I be a Warlock in Mongolia? I have no interest in being a swordsman or archer.

No, the only class is horse.

Edited by Slinky

Can the horse cast fire and summon demons?

Can the horse cast fire and summon demons?

No, what kind of a game you think it is? It's about eating grass and and and.. Okay, maybe I'll stick with Bio's games :wowey:

"Don't mock him! It must be difficult seeing the correct post through the tears of his fanboi crying."

Funny enough, I don't care about KOTOR OL and don't plan to buy it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

And this one: http://ealouse.wordpress.com/2010/10/14/the-truth/

Interesting read. While it doesn't look like he has any actual inside knowledge to the Kotor project, he's perfectly right in pointing out that riding the 'fully voiced' horse, and no other, isn't exactly promising. Yearly Blur trailers... And if they decide to rip of clone wars for the art direction... Sigh. Not making any decisions regarding the game just yet, but am not going to pick it up unless/until there is a mac client at any rate.

Also an interesting re: the way EA handles its purchased studios...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

What a friendly thread!

I plan on picking up the game and playing it to see if I like it or not. I suspect that like many MMOs, you get a free trial period.

Indeed!

Just so you know, the Old Republic MMO is under development in BioWare Austin. It's a branch of BioWare that was created just for the MMO. If it Kotor were to bomb and BW Austin shut down, BW Edmonton would probably still make Dragon Age 3 and whatever they're doing after Mass Effect 3 comes out.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

What a friendly thread!

Indeed!

Just so you know, the Old Republic MMO is under development in BioWare Austin. It's a branch of BioWare that was created just for the MMO. If it Kotor were to bomb and BW Austin shut down, BW Edmonton would probably still make Dragon Age 3 and whatever they're doing after Mass Effect 3 comes out.

Oh I assume so, but if one thing has been consistent with EA - its how trigger happy and irrational they are. If its really a 300 mil $ investment, and it bombs you can be sure that there'll be a lot of blame to go around. The thing with EA is how they closed down studios whose games still sold well, just because they didn't meet some obscene financial goal.

Of course there is the fate that is "worse than death" and that's assimilation into an EA studio, which always ended with talented individuals being forced into making factory products (cough Westwood cough).

I wouldn't wish that even on Bioware.

I don't know squat about the demands of MMO development but I personally don't think it'll be a failure, what with the large SW fan base. You have to remember that some of the worst games ever made were SW games yet they still sold well.

I'm not playing it anyway, three weeks of WoW and one of GW was enough to convince me that MMO's demand too much and give too little.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

"You have to remember that some of the worst games ever made were SW games yet they still sold well."

And, some SW games can crash andn burns. Being a SW games - much like being D&D - doesn't guarantee success either. Plenty of SW games ahve been blimps on the radar.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yes, but if it's a blimp showing up, you're going to presume that it's World War 2 Germany attacking. As opposed to any more modern threats.