Battlefield series question

ramza

Have you guys ever played any of these games on pc?

I recently bought Battlefield 2 : the complete collection and Battlefield 2142 : Deluxe edition and they are pretty fun.

Now, I am thinking of trying some of the other games in the series, specifically:

Battlefield 1942 : the complete collection

Battlefield 1943

Battlefield : Bad Company 2

Are any of these worth buying or should I simply stick to the ones I already have?

Cheers.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Battlefield 2142 is the greatest online FPS that's not Team Fortress 2.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I played 1942 and Vietnam, but never really found it any good.

Bad Company 2 is pretty damn good though, had a lot of fun playing that.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Is Bad Company 2 on the PC? I thought it was console only.

I played them all. I wouldn't bother with Vietnam, it was neat, but BF2 really outdoes it in every way. BF1942 is worth it if you are a WW2 buff, but it has aged a bit. You might want to pick up BF1943, I haven't tried it, but it is a redone version of a few maps from the original.

That being said, I love both BF2 and 2142.

Bad Company 1 was console only. Bad Company 2 is on the PC and even has dedicated servers.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I read somewhere that Battlefield 1943 is pretty bad compared to 1942 (except for the graphics). There might be a problem though finding other people to play with after all those years. And I am not sure if the solo campaign is even worth buying the game.

Bad company 2 seems a good choice though.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I have no idea if people still play it online or not but I Battlefield 1942 is still my favorite of the bunch.

This :)

I've got BF1942 + Road to Rome and BF Vietnam. The first one is just more fun. Tried my little brothers Battlefield 2 a few times when visiting, but modern combat just never appealed to me (i.e. not fun).

Haven't tried 2142 or 1943.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein