Thoughts/suggestions after watching the presentation

So after we had a look what improvements could they make and hopefully will have a look at.

Personally two things

-Animation when enemies are hit look stale on some occasions at the moment. They look more "pushed" than actually hit. I hope these aren't finished.

-Speed up the gameplay or have an option. I really like the battle system but its too slow for its own good in the current form. It would work with Mouse/Keyboard controls though.

Edited by C2B

Combat is very fast-paced compared to the previous, party based games. But compared to something like Divinity 2 or Hunted: the Demon's Forge, not to mention that other upcoming action game from Ken Rolston & R.A. Salvatore, it's indeed bit of a dungeon "crawl" in the literal sense of the word.

I'd vote for an option to jumpflip, cartwheel, etc. to be able to manually dodge enemies. As it is now, all the player characters can do is running around. Then again, from the gameplay video it seems the environments aren't open-world, so the issue with my suggestion is that players would be able to leave the linear path.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Since we have a topic I guess I'll throw my 2 cents:

1) The AI of the mook-type enemies seems braindead. Sometimes they didn't even seem to attack you to me. I don't know if it's a speed issue but it would be nice if the enemies tried to take you down with tactics.

2) Animation blending needs work. You have a nice proprietary engine Obsidz, don't forget the polish! Don't!

3) Keep the various types of enemies distinct and try to make the gameplay varied. It's tough with action RPGs, but that demo level felt.. well.. it showed various areas but the enemies, while having different models, basically acted all the same. Not good.

That said, it's still early in development and that was a demo quest, so it's far too early to judge. There's definitely a lot of potential in what I saw there. :brows:

-Speed up the gameplay or have an option. I really like the battle system but its too slow for its own good in the current form. It would work with Mouse/Keyboard controls though.

Could you explain what you mean? I watched him slice through like ten spiders in two seconds, it looked pretty fast to me. Or do you mean the walking around?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Could you explain what you mean? I watched him slice through like ten spiders in two seconds, it looked pretty fast to me. Or do you mean the walking around?

Combat itself. It may seem fast but actually it could be a little faster especially for console gamers to get a better feeling.

Oh. I guess I am used to beating on a single wolf for five minutes in Gothic then, because I thought that was fast..

On a pc with a different control sheme I wouldn't see it to be a problem. On a console controller where you hack'slay yourself faster reaction and gameplay is more active and preferable.

Thats why I said I would like an option. At the moment its pretty good already anyway.

Edited by C2B

DS1 included speed controls. Can't remember if DS2 did or not. Given I know next to nothing about programming I can say in honest ignorance that it should be easy enough to implement :lol:

Oh. I guess I am used to beating on a single wolf for five minutes in Gothic then, because I thought that was fast..

On a pc with a different control sheme I wouldn't see it to be a problem. On a console controller where you hack'slay yourself faster reaction and gameplay is more active and preferable.

Thats why I said I would like an option. At the moment its pretty good already anyway.

Edited by Lord Elvewyn

I hope that there is a way to lower the visual noise, if four characters were playing at once it might be hard to know whats going on.

I think there should be a way for someone dropping in to tell which attack does what to a particular enemy.

How do you guys feel about rumble? Its something that is completely unnecessary but can be used to increase the enjoyment of the game; It can also be used for gameplay(If a particular attack is ineffective the controller would vibrate differently than if it was, or if your about to be hit by something)

It's not Christmas anymore but I've fallen in love with these two songs:

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=HXjk3P5LjxY

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=NJJ18aB2Ggk

I think combat speed issue could indeed be solved with manual jumping and rolling - it makes you busier and also gives you more options when fighting.

obviously for this to work really well AI mobs need to not just shuffel about a bit like zombies but actually try and surround you, or even leap at you - even Diablo II had this in many ways, making you navigate and control space/distance as you fight. In the DS3 demo so far, only AOE abilities seem to do that, leading to a more 'static' feel.