Weird problem with PC

Morgoth

Yes, it could be the PSU but it could also be other hardware failure or related issues (including bad video drivers or RAM) or software/file corruption etc. issues. Unfortunately it's one of those "could be a whole lot of things" symptoms. Is there an error message at all, even if there's no time for you to read it? Could it be something as silly as, say, a too loose/wiggly power cord/outlet?

If it keeps happening, the PSU's one of the easiest thing to try first to see if that fixes things -especially if it's an aging one anyway- before spending hours tweaking other stuff. Or take it to a shop.

Disclaimer:I'm not a pc-tech expert. :deadhorse:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

There's no peeping, no warnings, no bluescreens whatsoever.

I want to note that once the PC boots, he runs super stable. I can play games, everything. It's not a heating problem because the temperatures are okay.

This only happened today because yesterday before I went to sleep, I switched off the PSU (which I normally never do), so probably had something to do with the ELKOs.

I just switched the PC off, waited, and turned in on, and voila, it worked.

It could be also something to do with the motherboard. I searched a lot and it's probably either PSU ELCO or Motherboard ELCO. Damn, need to figure this out.

Maybe I should open the PC and look for damages, but I'm not smelling a damaged condensator.

he would start

he runs super stable

*He*?

Just what kind of relationship you have with your pc? :lol:

This.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

gah, and I wanted to tell you how I had the exact same problem and it wasn't the power source :lol:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.