Combat Suggestion

This might have already been mentioned, but it looks like that with this game the creators are trying to create a balance between depth and ease for the drop-in/out multiplayer. There has also been some mention of fighting games; I think that one of the ways to achieve this is through a timed attack system, players that have just joined a game can simply pick a skill and repeatedly click on an enemy, while one that pauses between clicks gets a stronger attack or a different version of it. the former player could also find this by accident(akin to how someone playing Street Fighter might pull off a special move by button smashing.)

It's not Christmas anymore but I've fallen in love with these two songs:

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=HXjk3P5LjxY

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=NJJ18aB2Ggk

Not really sure what you're getting at. Are you talking selectable combat styles e.g. fast weak attacks versus a strong but slow boss killing style as per Jedi Academy or somesuch? I don't think this is intended as a button smasher ala Street Fighter, especially given it's not console originating.

DS1 had a single click to iniate attacking an enemy while DS2 required holding the mouse down, 1 click 1 attack, which is not ergonomically friendly.

Drop in drop out as I understand it simply means dropping in to a game\team\location and garnering experience which upgrades used skills\abilities and possibly unlocking masteries.

This might have already been mentioned, but it looks like that with this game the creators are trying to create a balance between depth and ease for the drop-in/out multiplayer. There has also been some mention of fighting games; I think that one of the ways to achieve this is through a timed attack system, players that have just joined a game can simply pick a skill and repeatedly click on an enemy, while one that pauses between clicks gets a stronger attack or a different version of it. the former player could also find this by accident(akin to how someone playing Street Fighter might pull off a special move by button smashing.)

Sounds very consolish to me. More FPS than RPG in that it's reaction speed rather than understanding, intelligence etc that would rule the day. I suppose if it was simply a stylistic difference blue fireballs versus red or green that might be okay but then would there be much point? Also not RSI friendly. It probably would limit play to 30 minutes or so at a time instead of a 24 hour DS binge or whatever.

Assuming that in Dungeon Seiege 3 one click equals one attack, timing your clicks would give you an enhanced or different attack.

I guess I described this incorrectly, I Don't mean timing your click in accordance with the enemy, I meant that you can use an enhanced version of the same attack by using a different set of clicks.

A short click for a fast attack, a long click for a powerful attack, several clicks for attack combos, soft clicks for sexy attacks, hard clicks for added innuendo, a million clicks for therapy, etc.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

No, simply Click-Pause-Click stuff like that, the pause being tied to an attack animation.

-Mr. what happens if I click two buttons at once?

Edited by Irrelevant

• 3 weeks later...
A short click for a fast attack, a long click for a powerful attack, several clicks for attack combos, soft clicks for sexy attacks, hard clicks for added innuendo, a million clicks for therapy, etc.

They should go for clicking morse-code style.

short click short click short click long click long click long click short click short click short click could be a last ditch all out attack, for example. :lol:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the idea, it will be much more fun, if the directors who are making the game, read these threads and took away ideas of these topics.

Do they read anything? I hope so ...!!!

But I got the idea from our friend, it's like for those who have played "priston tale," or other online rpgs, can speak, as the coup of pikemam loaded that needs time to be stronger, or ice cube shot, the archer, the more secure the mouse the strongest attack, and another thing, magic and quick loading time with other famous "delay", spells that take more lives it from the opponents level they are, it gets longer, and others can also be of paramount importance to have less time to load even if the same level is high.

It'll be showw, change any game engine, for benefitting games, both online and multiplayer or single player, such as arenas, or broken pvp's, will be awesome, it's good to think about giving up the game will surely agree with that, but also needs to be improved, both in graphics, spells, engines, new systems, new creatures to move from "amardor, experirente, elite, etc ..." need much more than just a copy by joining the other two games, must follow the line being innovative, imagine you in a lan-house like me here in my town, having the ability to call friends for a game in multiplayer mode so much better than online or single player, grappling against each other, or to convey the strongest arenas, to war against bugs or classes, starting with going to convey convey low Highs. Rather, is more, the matches are in the arena show, why do you and your friends can assist with ds2, now imagine a place for you to challenge your friends after climbing several convey, and not having to come up convey.

Even more interesting is the system you include multiplayer games on the system or lan private server, allowing people online unless they include or not in the game. Now that's a new engine, keeping the focus of the game.

I hope I'm helping the team obsidian, that DS is more than a game, he can not just be a continuation, it has to be a revolution but as ever, with new systems, keeping the focus of the game, but improving the fun.

I hope that Chris Taylor, has new ideas as well as obsidian team.

congratulations and more.

att.

Julian Dornelles

The future is in your DECISIONS!

HP DV6-1280US (HP Pavilion DV6-1280US 16-Inch Entertainment Laptop)