Dungeon Siege 3 at New York Comic Con

Nathaniel Chapman and Chris Taylor about the importance of the europe market for them

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/artic...tr=CVG-News-RSS

Good. But really, screw German/Italian/Spanish/French SKUs. Just release an English SKU, it saves you money plus it will still sell like hot cakes. Just look at all Rockstar games. They're all in English only and still sell immensively well.

Nathaniel Chapman and Chris Taylor about the importance of the europe market for them

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/artic...tr=CVG-News-RSS

Good. But really, screw German/Italian/Spanish/French SKUs. Just release an English SKU, it saves you money plus it will still sell like hot cakes. Just look at all Rockstar games. They're all in English only and still sell immensively well.

To be fair - rockstar games have strong grounding in American culture.

How many Europeans do we have here? I'm French, WorstUserNameEver (it really is) is Italian (or at least lives in Italy), I now we have some Polish...

And it's funny that Nathaniel would say what he says at the end when his company created one of the few games that can't be easily dubbed in other languages (Alpha Protocol).

I'm Swedish.

It's pretty interesting what he says about games selling here in the EU though. I know I remember JE Sawyer (I think it was) mentioning somewhere that NWN2 did better in Europe, but I didn't know about the other games.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

How many Europeans do we have here? I'm French, WorstUserNameEver (it really is) is Italian (or at least lives in Italy), I now we have some Polish...

And it's funny that Nathaniel would say what he says at the end when his company created one of the few games that can't be easily dubbed in other languages (Alpha Protocol).

There's a big bunch of Europeans here. From Finland to Portugal.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I guess it's possible Alpha Protocol did better in Europe too. Not sure about Fallout: New Vegas or KOTOR2. And yeah, I'm Italian. But my username is awesome, screw you Sannom! :lol: Plenty of Europeans on this forum anyway.

I think the overall majority of active users are Euro (and surrounding nations).

I guess it's possible Alpha Protocol did better in Europe too. Not sure about Fallout: New Vegas or KOTOR2. And yeah, I'm Italian. But my username is awesome, screw you Sannom! :thumbsup: Plenty of Europeans on this forum anyway.

I think the overall majority of active users are Euro (and surrounding nations).

uh? :ermm:

I wouldn't worry at how well Obsidian games are doing in Europe but I would worry about how they do in North America.

Like for example this upcoming game, DS3, it's a "Diablo like" game, that kind of game tend to do well in Europe (Sacred 2 anyone?) but I'm not sure how the game is going to be received somewhere else...

See, the only, really successful game of that genre is the Diablo franchise, I 've never heard (as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong) of any other similar game doing just fine in N-A and it's the biggest market in the world.

Anyway, I'm sure it 'll do well enough now that Obsidian got good publicity with the release of F:NV.

Edited by yoomazir

RT @squareenixdave: Great preview of DUNGEON SIEGE III in this months Gamepro!!

Anyone has any chance to get it? Tomorrow I'll probably check if I can get Giochi per il mio Computer. Since I'm buying it just for you guys I expect you to flood my PM with declarations of unending love and proposals of marriage. But I'm going to disappoint you, I ain't gonna marry anyone of you.

Dungeon Siege III interview with Nathaniel and Taylor

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=282223

In the very end it mentioned a release, "We're still deep into development", does that mean Q1 is still accurate?

A preview mentioned that the game was roughly 60% complete, so it's very very unlikely.

Also, I searched for the issue today but I couldn't find it. I'll try again next week.

so, this game will have a 2-player co-op mode? like hot-seat? :lol:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Ok I just read the newest Game Informer which had an article about Ds3.

I am so disappointed in what I read. Here is a quote "Obsidian has a lot of polish work to do - and it's not a studio known for smooth, bug free games". It also has support for 1-2 players in multiplayer, which is just you playing one of the AI characters.

Please Obsidian Developers listen to this plea. Give us 1-4 player multiplayer. Give us Character Creation. Allow us to play with each others Created Characters. This is 2011. 1-2 player is pre-Nintendo 64 era. For the love of god even Everquest: Champions of Norrath could do 4 players. Take your time. Take until Christmas of 2012 if you need to. Make this a 4 person game. Make Character Creation. DO IT. EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD PROTEST THIS!

No serious RPG players will want to play multiplayer. Why would I play with someone else and get their character higher levels and gear instead of playing my own? NOONE will. Do you expect girlfriends and grandmothers to play the multiplayer? Noone else will want to play with me because they have their own characters to level. Why would anyone play a character for any amount of time and not get to keep any of the gear or get any of the experience for their own character? You would be better off making this a single player game than give us what I see right now.

I am so excited about this game and I want it to be amazing. Please do not fail me. Please.

Ok I just read the newest Game Informer which had an article about Ds3.

I am so disappointed in what I read. Here is a quote "Obsidian has a lot of polish work to do - and it's not a studio known for smooth, bug free games". It also has support for 1-2 players in multiplayer, which is just you playing one of the AI characters.

Thats... surprising It's completly the opposite of what I read and what was posted before. It wouldn't be that out there since well Obsidian. But I have now bought another gaming magazine and both say that there has been nothing confirmed regarding max players.

Nah, but there are conflictive news about a lot of subjects. For example, in the PC Jeux preview I talked about at one point, they said that PvP was out of the question, despite another preview announcing the contrary earlier. I deliberately didn't talk about it in my summary of the preview because of that.

Again, it's just like Secret of Mana.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: