Dungeon Siege 3 at New York Comic Con

Today i finally got CD-ACTION.

A few facts I didn't saw here.

-Previewer is super-excited, after playing the demo he can't wait to play more of the game. (He was pessimistic before he saw it in action)

-The only bug in 3 hour-long alfa build was one small blinking texture. The animations are smooth, the engine is beautiful.

-There was only one playable character for the demo, there are more however - with different starting locations and different prologues.

A little bit unrelated to DS3, but:

- There are three teams at Obsidian at the moment:

The 1st. is making Dungeon Siege

2nd is working on Fallout:NV addons

and finally the 3rd is super secret, the author writes that Chris Avellone is working on it.

Interesting. :) I really want to see some more gameplay (and some story) videos. And I hope once more info is released that the game's official site gets a complete overhaul.

Different origins? That's fairly nice.

I can already see how 252423423 number of reviews claim this is a DAO rip-off. I hope they release info on the MCA project soon :)

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

It sounds more and more like Seiken Densetsu 3.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It sounds more and more like Seiken Densetsu 3.

Yep, which is a good thing actually. Especially for a console title.

And for the ones that didn't play it. SD3 already featured multiple charachters with their own backstory and starting location.

Edited by C2B

How many playable races are there? I don't expect dryads or Elves since it's back in Ehb, but can we at least play a dwarf?

I can already see how 252423423 number of reviews claim this is a DAO rip-off. I hope they release info on the MCA project soon :)

More like a Sacred 2 ripoff.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Seiken Densetsu 3... ah the memories. Did you have to bring that up? My heart is aching for a sequel.

Depending on how well made DS3 is I would love Obsidian to take on the series. More than any other RPG in Square Enixs hands actually.

The current Square Enix Seiken Denetsu team is beyond garbage.

How many playable races are there? I don't expect dryads or Elves since it's back in Ehb, but can we at least play a dwarf?

I can already see how 252423423 number of reviews claim this is a DAO rip-off. I hope they release info on the MCA project soon :thumbsup:

More like a Sacred 2 ripoff.

I agree... It wouldn't bother me much if there were at least 5 characters to choose from, but bye bye character customization. That's one aspect of Dungeon Siege I will miss (even if it was a bit limited). I doubt they will use the old leveling by weapon/magic used system, too. I have a feeling if you are the warrior, you will pretty much be doomed to use only melee weapons... but maybe I'm wrong. =)

Seiken Densetsu 3... ah the memories. Did you have to bring that up? My heart is aching for a sequel.

As far as I can tell DS3 is aiming to be as close to a Seiken Densetsu 3 heir, as possible. But I'm just guessing.

DS3 could be SD4 with better dialogue, better combat, and better art.

Here's hoping! :thumbsup:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

As far as I can tell DS3 is aiming to be as close to a Seiken Densetsu 3 heir, as possible. But I'm just guessing.

DS3 could be SD4 with better dialogue, better combat, and better art.

Here's hoping! :)

Here's hoping, indeed. :)

^--- Huh, what's that? Haven't heard of it before. And I like little weird indie-projects (it looks like one).

Anyways, was rewatching the demonstrations from New York earlier. Kinda struck me now that the game really is extremely beautiful. The colors and the lighting makes it very nice on the eyes, but yeah... We need more infos, more trailers/footage for those of us who aren't at conventions/press events but are sitting at our computers.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Oh yeah, definitely. And I guess it will depend on when they're really aiming for a release.

But still, they *are* showing it off since people from the EU magazines are seeing it, they have shown off the demo at conventions, the game appears to be moving along well in terms of production (looks really slick, previews have mentioned that it feels smooth and so forth). Would be nice to get something more for us Internet dwellers.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Well, I just received my PC Jeux with the dossier about DS3 in it. Some new stuff :

- they give us a more 'detailed' synopsis : apparently, the Tenth Legion's headquarters is wiped out at the beginning of the game, leaving only two survivors, the Grandmaster and the player. The player's goal is to join up with the legionnaires that were out on missions and then discover what the hell is going on.

- there are passive talents which bring different kind of bonuses, and they are developed with talent points. The activated abilities are developed with a separated 'currency'.

- as said in the Canard PC preview, each class has nine abilities separated in three stances. For each ability, there are two different paths you can take. Examples included damage VS critical, or speed VS range.

- the developers promised a story open enough that there could be many parallel paths, and many side-quests.

They also talked a little about the Onyx Engine, with a final sentence that I can't tell if it's either a guess on the part of the journalist or something Obsidian told them : "next step, being able to create a completely open world".

But mkreku, mag scans are just like game images! Are you suddenly endorsing piracy? :p

Thanks for the summary Sannom, as magazine makers also need to eat to live no scans on the boards sorry.

But mkreku, mag scans are just like game images! Are you suddenly endorsing piracy? :)

Traveling in eastern Europe must have been a life changing experience :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein