Dungeon Siege 3 at New York Comic Con

Well, writing is one thing that seems to vary a lot in how people appreciate it. There were people that hated the writing in AP, there were plenty of people who preferred the companions in the NWN2 OC compared to MotB, people who felt that New Vegas was lacking in good characters compared to Fallout 3 etc etc.

That said, it will be interesting to see how all the story stuff is tackled in the game since it seems like it'll be a lighter game on that than other OEI games.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I think we'll see some harsher words from some of the EU mags/sites in particular, they seem to be generally more open to oppose PC titles going the way of the consoles and so forth even if DS always seemed to be a very lite game to me (though I never played them so...).

Time will tell I suppose. Though I do think it's high time we get some more info on this.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Even Alpha Protocol got gaming magazine covers. Dungeon Siege III? Not even one. A fairly bad sign if you ask me.

You seriously expect magazines to use a preview game as magazine cover instead of all the titles that have come out recently? "Hey all of our competitors got games such CoD:Black Ops, FNV, Mafia 2 etc. as their cover. Let's use DS3 that we know very little of as our magazine cover!"

Do we even know if there's proper material to use a magazine cover...

You could give that doomsayer thing a rest for a bit.. The world is not ending in 2012, nor can we predict the outcome of DS3's success when they haven't started their pr campaing properly.

Hate the living, love the dead.

DS3, dat game where I keep saying SE has it lined up for a Q1 2011 release, is surely not getting much attention time.

Aye, and you've never seen original release date being pushed back a bit to avoid direct competition with like 3 other crpgs...

Hate the living, love the dead.

The Canard PC preview isn't too exciting : most of it is taken by the tale of how the journalist's dog died while pulling his sled in Paris' en-snowed streets (don't ask :) ) and the journalist says that he couldn't really build an opinion of the game. He played the game for one hour and a half on the X-Box 360. Apparently, he could switch between the characters, but he's not enthusiastic about the infinite shared inventory and regrets the absence of a real skill tree (apparently he gained all of them fairly early). The graphics were beautiful however, and he liked the writing, which he felt really had the "Obsidian's touch". The game felt linear and scripted, the developers told it was because he played a early level of the game. He concludes by saying that he's expecting a honest action-RPG saved from genericness by Obsidian's knack for writing.

Like I said, not really interesting : no intel on the story, classes or even gameplay (he didn't mention the stances). It's actually kind of disappointing on a journalistic level for that magazine. Either he was completely uninterested or he didn't get to ask questions, but it really isn't really an interesting preview.

Like I said, not really interesting : no intel on the story, classes or even gameplay (he didn't mention the stances). It's actually kind of disappointing on a journalistic level for that magazine. Either he was completely uninterested or he didn't get to ask questions, but it really isn't really an interesting preview.

I really wish Obsidian would step their game up and get some real information out.

What are the classes?

What are the skills?

How does multiplayer work?

Give us something.

I hope to high hell this has a create a character and that multiplayer games are not just me joining my friend in his campaign and only having the option to play as one of the scripted characters of the game.

Any images of the main character or something?

I want to know how many classes are in the game aswell as how are they, control layout, gamplay general information like it will be linear? it will have a hub kinda place where we get side quests?

Anything?