Dungeon Siege 3 at New York Comic Con

I already see it coming: DA2, Witcher 2 and DS3 all get released in March.

Normally I'd say that they'd trump DS3, but since they're fairly different genres, DS3 may potentially tackle from a different pool altogether. Point is, will the game be as balanced and nice to play as Obsidian wants us to believe? Because I doubt people are waiting for Diablo III for its awesome branching.

*doublefacepalm*

And you think Obsidian is deliberately making a Diablo clone?

That's exactly what they're doing. A Diablo clone for consoles. Have you even watched the gameplay videos?

Right now I only saw that announcement trailer. Is there another one?

Either way, I know the DS series is heavy on the Hack & Slash part, but that's not the only thing Obsidian is selling on us. If there's no decent roleplaying there's no purchase from me.

*doublefacepalm*

And you think Obsidian is deliberately making a Diablo clone?

That's exactly what they're doing. A Diablo clone for consoles. Have you even watched the gameplay videos?

To be honest as of now gameplay is radically different from the Diablo 3 gameplay vids. Above from both beeing Action-Rpgs I can name a dozen games that are closer to the DS3 gameplay than Diablo.

(And half of them aren't even on pc)

Especially since we know NOTHING about the stat side of things.

Edited by C2B

The reports on how messy F:NV is + this expected release date pretty much confirmed that Dungeon Siege III will continue Obsidian's proud tradition of unpolished releases that may or may not have patches depending on the publisher. :(

Messy? I've had 2 crashes and two weird graphical errors + normal ai errors that come with the engine. I wouldn't call that very messy. Not to mention they've already released a fix for that crashing bug (or atleast it stopped crashing on my comp after the 2nd patch).

Hate the living, love the dead.

The reports on how messy F:NV is + this expected release date pretty much confirmed that Dungeon Siege III will continue Obsidian's proud tradition of unpolished releases that may or may not have patches depending on the publisher. :thumbsup:

Messy? I've had 2 crashes and two weird graphical errors + normal ai errors that come with the engine. I wouldn't call that very messy. Not to mention they've already released a fix for that crashing bug (or atleast it stopped crashing on my comp after the 2nd patch).

Let's not start this game again. The 'I had no bugs' thing, I mean. Because it means nothing. Yeah, you had a good experience. A lot of other people didn't.

Let's not start this game again. The 'I had no bugs' thing, I mean. Because it means nothing. Yeah, you had a good experience. A lot of other people didn't.

It does, to me ;) But, yeah, let's rather throw **** at Obsidian because they couldn't get the game working perfectly on like a million different setups that people have. Getting the game to work perfect on "millions" of different setups old and new, with up to date drivers and drivers from 2007 is a pain and there's just no way anyone can q&a that much.

Considering how fast they could actually fix that steam crash, people should be happy and not whine.

And yes, that save crash on pc was only related to steam, talked with a online friend of mine who had the pirated copy for few days since he "couldn't" wait any longer. That copy didn't crash a single time, steam version a few times before he got it patched up.

Hate the living, love the dead.

I'm loving the lighting/atmosphere of this game so far. As far as Obsidian buggy releases go...sadly I've gotten them for consoles recently as at least they are somewhat more stable than the PC versions.

Anyway, as far as Obsidian in general goes, I've always admired them for what they attempt to do with their games,...infuse remarkable stories in with their products. They're not the most popular of devs, but I'll be keeping tabs on their projects for quite some time, including DS3.

I just hope they hire a new Q&A department. >_<

Edited by Mirage

I just hope they hire a new Q&A department. >_<

That's not the point. It's not the QA that it's borked. It's their scope management that is borked. You can use the 'we've got too ambitious' excuse for only so long before you start looking like fools after all.

Well, I've never said that their projects are too ambitious. I see what you mean, it is as simple as cutting down the scope, but more extensive Q&A would solve the problem as well, it would just be more costly.

But, NV is a prime example of Obsidian's scope hurting the end product. I enjoy NV, but that doesn't mean numerous people out there aren't having problems with it. I just hope they put a bit more focus on polish rather than scope. A decently polished game with Obsidian's creative stamp would be quite nice.

It's QA btw >_<

You had to get that last zing in, didn't ya? :) Too much time in front of the TV will cause typing mishaps, hehe.

Seriously though, I think two things are in DS3's favor. First, it seems to me that DS3 has less scope than, say, NV (or even AP). Secondly, George Ziets. I'm hoping he'll work his magic like he did with MoTB.

Edited by Mirage