Dungeon Siege 3 at New York Comic Con

...not really seeing the resemblance to be honest, but nice to know anyway? :o

You would have to play it. (If you ever have the chance. Do it. It's a great game.)

And it resembles more Seiken Denetsu 3 then SD2/SOM IMO.

Edited by C2B

Mildly confused about this. One handed swords like longswords do heavy damage but two handed like a great sword is crowd control - more light AoE. Then it talks about two swords to fight skeletons. That's three stances. Is it rather single or double handed weapons deal damage and dual wield does crowd control? I'm thinking DS2 style here. Sword plus shield=tank, two handed sword=boss killer, dual blades=zerg damage.

Archon mage sounds interesting. I prefer damage dealing mage style characters rather than mindless meatshields and the like myself. DS2 I played a combat mage though was a Nature Mage in DS1. I've actually got it working again and am replaying Ehb (well a modded version of the elite map) in single player. After pumping up strength to wear decent armour (~Lvl40) I've been progressing my nature skills. Alas my intelligence is low and hard to upgrade. Mana balance solves that problem fortunately :o

here we go for the ones that are interested in the gamestm preview. I wrote the whole thing on the computer because I suck at summarizing the important things, hope there aren't many spelling errors. There were no new screens.

Dungeon Siege 3

SNIPPED

Combat is also somewhat more immediate than the traditional point-and-click approach. Playing as the Guardian class in a dank underground cave, Urquhart shows us the new system:

The more I see the more I like the look of the Direction this is taking, especially in regards to atmosphere and styling. I guess it will all depend on the multiplayer for me, this seems made for xbox live and its equivalents. Let me take my character into one of my pals games and I will snatch your hand off for this. There is nothing quite like it available on the consoles I cann see it doing VERY well.

Mildly confused about this. One handed swords like longswords do heavy damage but two handed like a great sword is crowd control - more light AoE. Then it talks about two swords to fight skeletons. That's three stances. Is it rather single or double handed weapons deal damage and dual wield does crowd control? I'm thinking DS2 style here. Sword plus shield=tank, two handed sword=boss killer, dual blades=zerg damage.

I believe that the people who talks about a two-weapons stance are either confused or didn't express themselves very well, because the Guardian in the different presentations had a two-handed stance for crowd control, a sword+shield offensive stance for massive one-target damage, and a sword+shield defensive stance for defense.

Archon mage sounds interesting. I prefer damage dealing mage style characters rather than mindless meatshields and the like myself. DS2 I played a combat mage though was a Nature Mage in DS1. I've actually got it working again and am replaying Ehb (well a modded version of the elite map) in single player. After pumping up strength to wear decent armour (~Lvl40) I've been progressing my nature skills. Alas my intelligence is low and hard to upgrade. Mana balance solves that problem fortunately :(

here we go for the ones that are interested in the gamestm preview. I wrote the whole thing on the computer because I suck at summarizing the important things, hope there aren't many spelling errors. There were no new screens.

Dungeon Siege 3

SNIPPED

Combat is also somewhat more immediate than the traditional point-and-click approach. Playing as the Guardian class in a dank underground cave, Urquhart shows us the new system:

That's kind of ridiculous. Unless the game is only coming out in December 2011, I guess.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Releasing a game without XP support would be damning yourself to failure. I still use XP, and I know a whole load of other people do, too.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Releasing a game without XP support would be damning yourself to failure. I still use XP, and I know a whole load of other people do, too.

I'm sure I read XP is the primary OS for Steam users somewhere in the last month or two. If this is factual then it's truly absurd. Fair enough game companies don't want to bother with anything earlier than the prior OS, in this case XP, Win95, Windows 3.1, DOS etc :thumbsup: but XP's still so mainstream it has to be aimed for. Maybe when XP users migrate to 7, Vista and XP can be dropped from the system requirements but not yet.

I'm sure I read XP is the primary OS for Steam users somewhere in the last month or two. If this is factual then it's truly absurd. Fair enough game companies don't want to bother with anything earlier than the prior OS, in this case XP, Win95, Windows 3.1, DOS etc :thumbsup: but XP's still so mainstream it has to be aimed for. Maybe when XP users migrate to 7, Vista and XP can be dropped from the system requirements but not yet.

Other than DX10/11 and the ability to use more than 3gigs of RAM (which no recent games require, to be honest), what's the point of upgrading? XP works fine.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I'm sure I read XP is the primary OS for Steam users somewhere in the last month or two. If this is factual then it's truly absurd. Fair enough game companies don't want to bother with anything earlier than the prior OS, in this case XP, Win95, Windows 3.1, DOS etc :) but XP's still so mainstream it has to be aimed for. Maybe when XP users migrate to 7, Vista and XP can be dropped from the system requirements but not yet.

Just checked Steam Survey page, it appears that most popular system on Steam is Win7 x64 ;) XP is on second place, though.

...the ability to use more than 3gigs of RAM...

This is the reason why I migrated to Windows 7 64-bit. I would have stayed with XP otherwise.

I had a very hard time getting adjusted to Windows 7 too, since it takes so much more resources just to start up, everything seems to take a tad bit longer to load on it, it constantly seems to need 90% of the available hard drive bandwidth for no apparent reason, it was full of annoying bugs (just little ones, but still), it actually demands MORE restarts from patches than XP (!), it has a lot of problems with vintage games (and I haven't found a way to quit out to DOS), I hate the UAC with a passion, I could only get hold of an English version (not really Windows 7's fault, but..), and so on.

Together with a fast SSD it's good enough. It never crashes completely (unlike XP, where I often had to hard reset my computer), handling graphics drivers is much smoother, and having access to DX10/11 is nice, if not needed. I've gotten used to it.

I still use XP at work though.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!