Dungeon Siege 3 at New York Comic Con

1) Abilities were overtuned and enemies undertuned for the demo. So, the real game will be tougher. Actually in our current build it's pretty much impossible to get past the first couple of fights in the game... but that's a bug.

2) It will be a bit more general purpose than in the demo.

3) We're not using potion chugging as the primary health recovery mechanic, no.

4) The game will be more open than that presentation.

5) In the current development build, you have all stances from the beginning. Because they are used tactically, and important to having a well-rounded combat experience, they're likely to stay unlocked at the beginning.

6) Can't answer this yet.

7) The framerate should be industry standard on consoles, and we are working very hard to ensure that it is consistently running at framerate. The game will likely run faster on most gaming PCs, so that's a definite advantage for PC players.

Whoa! Thanks for all the answers! :(

What 'industry standard' mean by the way? Are you aiming for 30 fps or 60 fps?

Are you aiming for 30 fps or 60 fps?

Would probably be the world's first console action RPG running 60 fps, if it were..

Now take a wild guess.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Some questions:

1) will some DS locations & dungeons be revisited?

2) will some enemies of DS be reused (e.g. Seck spiders)

3) will lore books be scattered across the world?

4) will the lore further expand the history of Azunai, Xeria & Zaramoth?

5) will dryads, half-giants, Elves be playable characters?

6) will certain combat skills from DS2 be reused?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

After looking at the demo.. there are few things i don't like:

1) The character running/walking animation does not scale accordingly to the floor. Seems not natural when the characters are running/walking.

2) I dislike the slash sound of the guardian sword.. I agree that's what it should sound for a sword .. but i'm not sure.. change it or add more effects to it!.. explosion sound, etc.

3) In the demo.. seems to me those monsters were waiting for the player characters to kill them one at the time.. Only the skeleton mage casts some spells.

That's all.

After looking at the demo.. there are few things i don't like:

1) The character running/walking animation does not scale accordingly to the floor. Seems not natural when the characters are running/walking.

2) I dislike the slash sound of the guardian sword.. I agree that's what it should sound for a sword .. but i'm not sure.. change it or add more effects to it!.. explosion sound, etc.

3) In the demo.. seems to me those monsters were waiting for the player characters to kill them one at the time.. Only the skeleton mage casts some spells.

That's all.

The slash sound is temp as well as the monsters coming at the player. The player is uber strong and kills all the enemies in one hit.

Let me get back to sleeping. I'm tired...

I finally got my hands on the gamestm issue with the Dungeon Siege 3 preview. What they got to see was the same shown at NYCC. If anyone wants me to write down what they said anyway, tell me. (If enough people are interested I will post it tomorrow or sunday.)

Apparently it's being played on a console there.

Can you guys give us any info regarding the PC version? Any at all? Like, how tactical it's going to be in comparison to the console versions? (Like how the PC version of DAO was very different from the console versions). Although I know the focus is the console audience...

Apparently it's being played on a console there.

Can you guys give us any info regarding the PC version? Any at all? Like, how tactical it's going to be in comparison to the console versions? (Like how the PC version of DAO was very different from the console versions). Although I know the focus is the console audience...

Its played on pc. But then again they are using a controller so we dont know anything if the same applies if you are using a keyboard.

here we go for the ones that are interested in the gamestm preview. I wrote the whole thing on the computer because I suck at summarizing the important things, hope there aren't many spelling errors. There were no new screens.

Dungeon Siege 3

Concept: Having worked on Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights and Fallout, Obsidian is the perfect choice to bring Dungeon Siege to a new console audience

Is Obsidian Entertainment doomed to forever be the understudy of the gaming industry? The developer

Interesting. And I agree with them that what was shown right now didn't really show a whole lot of depth, though it's far too early to judge and there's a lot of potential for a complex character system. My hope is that the game doesn't get repetitive and that there's more than just combat to it (though combat will be much more prominent than in your classic Obsidian RPG as it should be obvious).

Nice to know the gameplay will be a spiritual successor to Secret of Mana. Even the drop in and out coop gameplay (Via pressing the start button) is the same. Now if only they allow a 3 player coop gameplay...

I wonder how does the combo system work though? Would bee sweet if its similar to Chrono Trigger's where each character has a unique combination attack whenever they are paired with the combinations ranging up to 3 different characters. However Chronot Trigger's a turn based game so it might be tricky if applied to an action based game like this.

Nice to know the gameplay will be a spiritual successor to Secret of Mana. Even the drop in and out coop gameplay (Via pressing the start button) is the same. Now if only they allow a 3 player coop gameplay...

I also thought of Mana after a while. I mean this would be close to how a modern Mana Game would look (Naturally different artstyle).

Man, Seiken Denetsu has to be the worst trashed series ever. Legend of Mana was the last really good one.

secret of mana was p sweet ^____________^

Dammit. Nathaniel has been replaced by a smiley-prone weaboo! He'll start complaining about western games being not colorful enough! :(

...*looks for Secret of Mana videos on Youtube*

I think it was the first game I actually played all the way through in co-op.