Dungeon Siege 3 at New York Comic Con

Looks great for what it is. Smooth as butter and the environments look beautiful. There seems to be a fair amount of replayability if I understand how the characters work which is always nice. Would be great to have a video like this made specifically for the Internet so we can really see the details.

The gameplay doesn't look to be that much to my particular tastes but if they manage to balance it and make it challenging then I think I could grow to like it at any rate.

Also, those spiders and the way they sorta hang around near the beginning... blech *shudders*.

Looks great overall!

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Nice work on the engine. Really nice.

There was a mention of a dpad, so it was one of the consoles, maybe.

Re: local vs online co-op, can you mix-and-match? Eg. 2 people on one console playing with 2 online friends on another console?

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Freaking awesome. I'm really pumped up for this game. From the offscreen footage I thought it looked very good. Good animations, impressing graphics and offline co-op. I was mostly impressed with the engine itself, seeing the world in the distance. A very good presentation overall. :brows: Best of luch to the DS3 team and keep up the good work!

Now if only we could convince them to make a Gothic-inspired game..

Really not sure if want. Gothics atmosphere is for a large part bound to its european origin.

I'm fine enough with Risen.

Edited by C2B

Well, hmm. It does look good, but.. Alvin mentioned there are no loading screens, that the game streams the levels in the background. The problem I see with the video is that it's all a long corridor, you only need to stream the parts of the level directly in front of you (or behind you, if you let the player go backwards through a level). Does the engine support open world streaming too (where the player can go in any direction at any time), or will it just work for corridor based games?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well, hmm. It does look good, but.. Alvin mentioned there are no loading screens, that the game streams the levels in the background. The problem I see with the video is that it's all a long corridor, you only need to stream the parts of the level directly in front of you (or behind you, if you let the player go backwards through a level). Does the engine support open world streaming too (where the player can go in any direction at any time), or will it just work for corridor based games?

I was under the impression the game maps were mostly a corridor. However, Alvin showed a visual aid indicating the way to go. Does that mean DSIII has more open sections?

Also, what kind of active defense skills are there? Can you dodge, parry, etc?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Isn't she working on SW:TOR and DCU?

Anyway, I'd very much to revisit some legendary DS locations like Glacern & Glitterdelve Mines in that engine. I'm also curious to the other playable characters: Elven battlemage, dryad archer, half-giant or dwarven tank?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Better view there on how good the game looks. I bet it made Alvin sweat when the other guy managed to... well, whatever he did to break the level for a few seconds there. "How.. did you do that?" Haha.

Looking good though. Really like how colorful it looks, and the lighting makes it all look pretty vibrant.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

"well, whatever he did to break the level for a few seconds there."

Didn't notice that. Where?

At about 8:30, after they use the souped-up 'dash' power for the second time : you can see the camera losing its focus on the Guardian and start going in the other direction. Alvin really said "What did you do?" :(

That ... that looks awesome! I would have liked a bit more depth to the dialogues, but yeah, it's a dungeon crawler. I loved it, personally. Very good job on the presentation, mr. Nelson. Even if you died a lot :ermm::(

I wouldn't take that demo as an indication about the game's dialogues since it's a proof-of-concept quest to show the various systems of the game. What is it about that you didn't like, anyway?

I wouldn't take that demo as an indication about the game's dialogues since it's a proof-of-concept quest to show the various systems of the game. What is it about that you didn't like, anyway?

Well ... they pretty much seem to be yes/no type of conversations. At least in the demo, so maybe we'll get something more in-depth in the game itself. Either that or I've been spoiled by Alpha Protocol :(

That ... that looks awesome! I would have liked a bit more depth to the dialogues, but yeah, it's a dungeon crawler. I loved it, personally. Very good job on the presentation, mr. Nelson. Even if you died a lot :p:lol:

Depth? Ther is probably a whole lot more to it there were around 3 dialog choices and they were all pretty well written.

Not to mention the comments of your companions.

Edit: I mean they were showcasing a dungeon. We don't know about the towns yet.

Edit2: Corrected, Sorry^^

Edited by C2B

That ... that looks awesome! I would have liked a bit more depth to the dialogues, but yeah, it's a dungeon crawler. I loved it, personally. Very good job on the presentation, mr. Nelson. Even if you died a lot :p:lol:

It's hard to demo and play at the same time... :p

Let me get back to sleeping. I'm tired...