The Cataclysm is coming!

Calax

It's a confirmed date Pearl harbor day.

IRVINE, Calif., Oct 04, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Ehhhhhh

I'm really tempted to resub for a month just to see what their expansion intro event is like.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Two of my friends are intending to play. It'll be funny to see how long it takes for them to get bored again. Paladins have changed quite a bit, I hear.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Holy Paladins have neat abilities now, got a scroll from a friend. The talent where you heal yourself with any spell or judgement will get nerfed hard, such is the bait and switch of releasing the talents early, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So far Im digging the patch. My server didnt go live until 8pm in my time zone so I only played for a few hours but what Ive seen so far I like. I spent the next two hours sorting my talents and tool bars and for mages, the fire tree is looking super sexy. Played the daily random with an Arcane spec and stunk up the joint DPS wise so I have to look into that.

So far Im digging the patch. My server didnt go live until 8pm in my time zone so I only played for a few hours but what Ive seen so far I like. I spent the next two hours sorting my talents and tool bars and for mages, the fire tree is looking super sexy. Played the daily random with an Arcane spec and stunk up the joint DPS wise so I have to look into that.

Friend of mine was running around as arcane... managed to pull about 20k dps in a random without mirror images popped using only Arcane Blast.

Friend of mine was running around as arcane... managed to pull about 20k dps in a random without mirror images popped using only Arcane Blast.

:skeptical:

He somehow managed to DOUBLE the standard DPS of your typical 6k geared mage? Im clearly doing something wrong. I didnt have my Recount turned on so Im relying on someone elses data and only for the last boss, maybe the overall DPS was much higher. I did notice that something changed in the mechanic as I was pulling huge amounts of threat for my typical spell rotation, which wasnt the norm.

In trade chat pretty much every class was pissing and moaning about how their class was "ruined", especially the Pallies and Druids. Did they remove tree form or something?

I think they did pull tree form, at least for now. And paladins went from binding every button to holy light and rolling your face along the keyboard to 7 healing abilities. Also Ret has an entirely different style to it and prot is slow to start.

This is my mage friend. With him, and to a lesser extent me, we managed to beat herald before insanity. My DK is now pulling between 8 and 10 in heroics, although I'm not really sure because we kill stuff wayyy to fast.

In trade chat pretty much every class was pissing and moaning about how their class was "ruined", especially the Pallies and Druids. Did they remove tree form or something?

Well, my druids were pissing and moaning about having to re-buy abilities (bear form and swipe) they've had for 70 levels. Haven't actually gotten them specced yet so I don't really have an opinion on the gameplay changes--although a druid in my Horde guild was have an indecent amount of fun creating Efflorescence in Thunder Bluff. I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic about both resto and moonkin and badly informed concerning feral.

I'm guessing that my resto shaman main has been nerfed a bit but not dramatically. Mostly she seems to lack fun new toys. In any case, it's much too soon to get terribly excited one way or another as it will take time to settle into changes, and I'm sure Blizzard will continue to work on balance.

This is my mage friend. With him, and to a lesser extent me, we managed to beat herald before insanity. My DK is now pulling between 8 and 10 in heroics, although I'm not really sure because we kill stuff wayyy to fast.

You dont typically see mages gem for Int, is that due to the recent patch?

EDIT: It must be. IIRC, Int influences SP so I need to regem too.

Except for weapons, casters now get spellpower from Int. Runed Cardinal Rubies all turned into Int Rubies.

Edited by Lady Evenstar

Except for weapons, casters now get spellpower from Int.

Yeah, I just remembered that so I need to get busy with regemming when I get home! The Primary mage glyphs are teh suck though.

I don't think so gift, like she said, spellpower gems automatically swapped to Int, just like Arpen swapped to crit (which made every warrior, rogue, a couple hunters, and the formerly blood dps dk's on the planet cry out in pain at their pocketbooks.

Well i am annoyed as a healing druid. My precious tree form is now a 30 second ability! It enhances 5 spells or so and it has a 3 minute cool down. So basically it is a spell you bring out during boss fights when you foresee a need to be able to heal well. Otherwise you have to use your regular form.

This is annoying since apparently since balance and feral can keep their forms all they want yet healers got penalized. :shifty:

Besides the massive lag i have had to deal with so far, besides my precious druid being nerfed the patch is nice enough. I will have to get used to the new paladin changes and my girlfriend is hating the patch do to all the changes and that she has to get used to everything being changed on her. She doesn't like rapid change heh heh. :lol:

In my day, there was no tree of life and the top-tier healing talent was innervate and the only usable spell we had was Healing Touch rank 4. Now get off my lawn! *mutters*

In all seriousness though, I put WoW away a couple months ago now and though my account is still nominally active, it's probably telling that I haven't been able to muster the energy to patch up and log on. Not that I mind change - the problem here is more the lack of change.

Two years ago the player base was left with only Black Temple as the current content for a full year. The developers acknowledged the gap was a mistake and promised WoTLK would be much better in pacing content. Hah, so much for that - the past year has probably been the most stagnant in the game's six-year history.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

So, no more shards as we know them. I actually liked having a unique gimmick. But I won't mourn it.

In my day, there was no tree of life and the top-tier healing talent was innervate and the only usable spell we had was Healing Touch rank 4. Now get off my lawn! *mutters*

Back when the major challenge of druid healing was dodging princess priests who thought themselves entitled to that innervate ;-)

Edited by Lady Evenstar

So, no more shards as we know them. I actually liked having a unique gimmick. But I won't mourn it.

Well i am not mourning my lack of inventory space with my warlock. I pop him on today to redo his talents and i have almost an entire bag free! The only thing i dislike about my warlock now is that due to the change in the talent tree my 64 warlock no longer can get that spell which gives you health in the same amount of it damaging the enemy. I am having a brain fart and cannot remember the name of the spell.

Inventory space, shenvetory space. I never really found it a concern.

Ah lucky thing it's only 10 days. Bored of this already, heh.

Having gotten my act together with my Arcane mage I now fear a nerf bat is on the way. I consistantly do 12-16k DPS on icc10 bosses and at one point last night I saw a 82k crit flash by. The mana "problem" is easily circumvented by using Mage Armor and the mage armor glyph which makes your mana return 23% of your maximum mana every 5 seconds! Its like a win button. I can just sit there and spam Arcane Blast repeatedly until I feel like dumping the cost with an Arcane Missle. Not once did I have to Evocate to regain mana. I hear Fire is even more pimp but I havent gotten a good rotation down yet. Oh well, Ill enjoy it while it lasts.