The Cataclysm is coming!

Calax

Well, looks like we have a date for WoW's massive expansion, December 7th. The patch that starts changing things (the mechanics at least) should hit the US next week and EU the week after. At least according to what has been datamined by MMOchampion.com.

Should be interesting

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

If it makes you two feel better, I played it for a couple years and really enjoyed it.

But real men play LotRO. :p

No, real men play City of heroes.

Spent 5 years playing that. Eventually got bored. The game was kind of fun before Burning Crusade, pvp at least for my Pally. But eventually got boring even as IRC :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Spent 5 years playing that. Eventually got bored. The game was kind of fun before Burning Crusade, pvp at least for my Pally. But eventually got boring even as IRC :p

PvP has basically devolved into arenas almost completely. There are rated battlegrounds, but in general battlegrounds are just honor farms while the "pro's" play in the arenas where certain class combination's are always ruling.

They are adding a new mechanic to paladins (holy power) and changing the resource system for hunters (to "focus).

Yeah Arenas are just garbage, the game could do without them. I really do miss the old AV, hour long struggles, using the cavalry, etc. Ah well. I'll have to avoid getting suckered back in by my friends who need healing :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

PvP has basically devolved into arenas almost completely. There are rated battlegrounds, but in general battlegrounds are just honor farms while the "pro's" play in the arenas where certain class combination's are always ruling.

They are adding a new mechanic to paladins (holy power) and changing the resource system for hunters (to "focus).

There aren

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

The devs have actually said they regret the arena implementation.

The ultimate problem with lich king is that it was A) very piecemeal in terms of how content arrived, and B) to easy for the dungeons and somewhat for the earlier raids. This would appear to be changing pretty well in Cata.

I managed to keep my City of Heroes going for two years before letting it slip away.....

I think the next mmo I'll dip my finger into will be SW The Old Republic.. just to see how it handles.. and to practice my SW Geek-on.. But thats safely some time away..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I played WoW for about 4 years and loved just about every minute of it. All the raids, all the wipes... good times. But there's time for everything and my quota for Warcraft (and just about all other MMOGs as they still haven't reached the quality of the WoW) is full and then some. Game is great but I have zero desire to buy Cataclysm or otherwise renew my subscription. KotOR Online will be my next MMOG, but I still don't know if I play it pure solo as I would any other singleplayer game, or choose to join my old guild and play some group content.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

I played WoW obsessively for a long time and I always admit it. :) It's a good game if you like such games & have the time to devote to it. But for me at least, there's zero interest in it at this point. I respect that they keep trying to "freshen up" the game all these years, but nothing's bringing me back. Thrill is gone, baby.

Will also probably try Old Republic. Undecided about it, but worth trying. The screenies look good, at least. heh

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

whole new old world is being implimented :D.

for example, stormwind!:

stormwind_06.jpg

Edited by Calax

I used to run across that bridge 20-30 times a day for crafting/AH selling reasons. lol

You're supposed to be able to fly in the old areas with the new, right? That's admittedly a nice thing, if so. And the underwater stuff sounded cool.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I used to run across that bridge 20-30 times a day for crafting/AH selling reasons. lol

You're supposed to be able to fly in the old areas with the new, right? That's admittedly a nice thing, if so. And the underwater stuff sounded cool.

yep you fly in the old world now.

I am an active player and I am greatly looking forward to cataclysm. I really want maps to the old dungeons like they have for the northrend dungeons. Also the fly anywhere and more flight paths are something i have wanted or a long time

wow sucks

yeah-well-that-is-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpg

Anyway, I've been playing the Cataclysm beta and I must say I am very pleased with it. Although I haven't played the Goblin and Worgen areas completely I am quite pleased with what I've seen so far. The leveling curve isn't too steep (in fact, it should be a bit steeper) and I haven't stumbled upon any group quests so far in the any of the zones, so it seems to be even more solo friendly than previous expansions. The end quests in each zone are (usually) very, very epic. They are also much more cinematic, with the game often controlling the camera for you.

Of course, still being in beta, its extremely buggy and sometimes its impossible to progress further in each zone when a quest is broken because almost every quest is interlinked.

No Aram is right, WoW does suck.

I gave it three days, hated it, but I do plan on giving it a shot with Cataclysm... I've been challenged to get to level 20 and not keep playing it.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!