Extra Credits thread

Calax

For that one they have a point... it's just that devs have taken it to far. They should have left it near the halo "your bubbles refill but you gotta kit to regain more bubbles" system rather than all the way.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Personally I spot on agree with their assessment of the health regen. I still die plenty on games like Modern Warfare (only played the first) with health regen, but never run into situations where I find myself scavenging for a health pack and having to reload an older save and redoing an encounter several times simply because I didn't need to just win the encounter, but also needed to make sure I win it with X% of health lest I find the part immediately after that teeth pulling difficult. Ironically, this is something I did have to do with the original Call of Duty (for the record, both MW and COD are FPS games that I really, really enjoy).

When games have less forgiving health mechanisms, I typically just find myself spamming quick save a lot.

CoD2 was the worst I've found for regenning health, came back way to fast to the point where I got hit by two tanks and about 50 million billion bullets in the final 10 minutes of a level and came out perfectly fine.

Edited by Calax

I remember COD2 having health regen, but frankly I don't remember much about the game aside from some tank battles, which weren't that great.

Though, for myself, this is probably more of an indictment against COD2 as a whole rather than the health regen aspect. Given all the IW drama that has gone on, it does sound like COD2 was the "phone it in" game that they felt had to be made in order to make Modern Warfare.

CoD2 was a bit of a phone in (not as much as MW2...) and was overall pretty boring. But they amped up the health regen to 11 and provided you enough cover and fire power that you could basically survive anything and any fight (as long as you didn't have somebody pop out of the celing and blow your brains out).