Have to get my say in

I was going through the forum and found alot of people talking trash about the game, I must get my say in. I think this game is awsome. I am still messing around with different dialogue choices and wether or not i should let someone live. Honestly It is fun. And it was also fun playing around with the aiming the only problem i had with the game was the lockpicking. So to Obsidian you guys did a great job. In all honesty I wasn't going to get this because of all the bad reviews i watched but i am glad i did. So if there ever is a sequel (I already know the situation) but if there is a sequel i would get it in a heartbeat.

My GOTY so far, happy that you liked it.

I know there are already a few threads like this but I was going to start one just to say thank you to Obsidian for this game. I thought it was phenomenal and I wonder what game others have been playing. I can say for sure based on some of the criticisms I 've seen around that a whole lot of folks formed very quick impressions and never let them go nor did they play the game through nor (incredibly) did they play it as the RPG it is.

Honestly, I think his game something of a masterpiece and it has moved Obsidian into a category they were heading towards after MoTB - I'll buy their stuff reviews be damned. Not guaranteeing I'll like everything, but they have earned my purchase to see for myself. The only other studio that ever had my respect like Obsidian does was Troika. I hope Obsidian does not have the same fate.

Anyway. Thanks to everyone for this game. One of the best I've played in a long time. Even more eagerly awaiting FO:NV.

Agree. Though i couldn't play it for a long time (XP Runtime Error, darn it, Vista saved me :p ) AP is great, I don't care about "criticism" (honestly, many bad reviews are written by action fans or even worse, :thumbsup: ).

AP deserves a sequel, no matter what. :)

So at last I say: Thank you, Obsidian! Your games is what rpg-fans need.

Edited by Heruvim

There was a thread I read through that stated the license for AP is owned by Obsidian and not Sega. Sega technically misinformed the public when they stated there would be no sequel since it is not their call. Their press release should have stated something more like, "We will not be funding a sequel." Regardless, due to the bad publicity, etc., I don't see a sequel being very likely. I love the game but a spiritual successor would be just fine (similar concept but different characters, etc.). Besides, should AP be discovered, they'll just change their name and move to a different site. That in mind, It could have any name and be as sweet ^_^

Obsidian's only real flaw is within their glitchy gameplay. If they can nail down a solution for it then they would rise to be one of the best game companies. I already view them as one but they need more than just a die hard fan or two hanging around a near dead AP site to fund the overhauls needed to raise them up. Words of encouragement are the best we can offer for now.

Those crazy critics almost had me convinced not to buy this game as well. :deadhorse:

I'm so glad my stubbornness got the upper hand eventually and made me purchase it anyway. This game turned out to be one of those gems that I never want to erase from my HDD!

I'm also baffled by all the reports of bugs. I've been playing through this game twice now (which is more than I normally do with any game) and I've only encountered some very minor glitches that are hardly worth mentioning. I've had other (highly praised) games CTD on me numerous times but AP has yet to crash once! I would actually say this game is less buggy than most.

I really hope Obsidian will consider making another AP, or an EP at least.

This is probably my favorite game. I've bought other games in the last couple months (Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 and a couple others) but I keep coming back to AP. I will say that the only really frustrating things I've encountered are laggy gameplay (very likely my computer's fault. It's a low-mid range laptop, not a dedicated gaming rig) and a pain in the *** bug during one of the missions (see the PC Support forum for details. It broke the game for myself and others... literally.)

I was planning to play through it three times but I stalled partway through the third. If the patch had worked I'd think about finishing it.

Amazing game, although hacking as a commando probably turned a few people off. Don't know how the console versions were.

Edited by randomevent

Played this initially on the PC and I was utterly turned off by the hacking/lock picking skills as they were so fiddly on a keyboard/mouse set up. I gave up even before reaching the end of the first 'tutorial' mission. That combined with the bad reviews pretty much convinced me to give it a miss.

Then on the off chance I decided to rent it on the 360 and what a difference! Half way through the game, it suddenly clicked with me - criticals, using skills etc really make the game a lot more fun. The skill wheel is clumsily implemented (which is why it took me so long to actually utilise it), and there are some glitchy issues but I ended up buying the game (it didn't hurt that you can pick it up for

• 2 weeks later...
Played this initially on the PC and I was utterly turned off by the hacking/lock picking skills as they were so fiddly on a keyboard/mouse set up. I gave up even before reaching the end of the first 'tutorial' mission. That combined with the bad reviews pretty much convinced me to give it a miss.

Then on the off chance I decided to rent it on the 360 and what a difference! Half way through the game, it suddenly clicked with me - criticals, using skills etc really make the game a lot more fun. The skill wheel is clumsily implemented (which is why it took me so long to actually utilise it), and there are some glitchy issues but I ended up buying the game (it didn't hurt that you can pick it up for