Real life power armor

Stephen Amber

Old news, it was actually even on TV before the government went all paranoid and started cancelling all the shows related to next gen military technology.

You should check on the Future Force Warrior project.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Get rid of the human factor and give the thing a decent AI (and better armour plating) and we don't need people getting shred to bits by IED's when patrolling remote regions in Afghanistan.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Get rid of the human factor and give the thing a decent AI (and better armour plating) and we don't need people getting shred to bits by IED's when patrolling remote regions in Afghanistan.

They already use robots to disarm IEDs, plus AI research is decades away from anything concrete that can actually be applied and seeing as is the Japanese that are at the forefront we may see sexbots before warbots. Make love and not war, peace out :thumbsup:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

No matter the AI it cannot make the decisions as a human should, nor adapt to the situation as easily as the human mind would.

That said, either way true powered armor would revolutionize warfare in the same way battleships and Tanks did for WW1 (naval) and WW2(ground).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

They already use robots to disarm IEDs, plus AI research is decades away from anything concrete that can actually be applied and seeing as is the Japanese that are at the forefront we may see sexbots before warbots. Make love and not war, peace out :p

:thumbsup:

Just imagining the collective seizures that would hit the patriarchal establishment in rural/tribal south Asia if they got invaded by thousands of armed sexbots...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

*looks at article* ... pfffft ... it can't fly. Don't care. :huh:

(but I do agree they'd have military uses)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

They already use robots to disarm IEDs, plus AI research is decades away from anything concrete that can actually be applied and seeing as is the Japanese that are at the forefront we may see sexbots before warbots. Make love and not war, peace out :p

:huh:

Just imagining the collective seizures that would hit the patriarchal establishment in rural/tribal south Asia if they got invaded by thousands of armed sexbots...

:)

They have boobs of steel! Run!

I think it would be immensely empowering to give them to little old ladies. Run, muggers, run!

I can't see this exo-suit being used on the front line. Infantiers are perfectly fit enough as it is. Logistics guys and engineers, however... I'd far rather do pioneer work in one of these than in some bullet magnet APC/ferret

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Just a thought - why not cops?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.