NWN2 on a widescreen monitor

~Di

Okay, Bio forums are down and my googles have not yielded results. I decided to run through NWN2 once more, but since the last time I played it I've upgraded to a widescreen monitor. Now all the characters look like fat dwarfs. I had the same problem with a re-run of Jade Empire, but BioWare has a configuration utility that can be accessed with the beginning menu where you can simply change from normal to widescreen. I can't find anything on the NWN2 options menu.

I am NOT going to run all over the realm with a bunch of fat-headed dwarves. Please... any help would be appreciated.

I'm at work now, so no NWN2 in front of me (which means it's from top of my head). Isn't it question of selecting resolution with the "correct" proportions, i.e. 9:6 or 10:6?

I seem to remember running it in 2560x1600 without having to do anything. For lower resolutions, 1920x1080 etc. might work.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Okay, Bio forums are down and my googles have not yielded results. I decided to run through NWN2 once more, but since the last time I played it I've upgraded to a widescreen monitor. Now all the characters look like fat dwarfs. I had the same problem with a re-run of Jade Empire, but BioWare has a configuration utility that can be accessed with the beginning menu where you can simply change from normal to widescreen. I can't find anything on the NWN2 options menu.

I am NOT going to run all over the realm with a bunch of fat-headed dwarves. Please... any help would be appreciated.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/...winter_Nights_2

Sez you should just pick the correct resolution. o:)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Yes, y'all are right, and I figured it out for myself by experimenting with higher resolutions until the characters weren't squashed into stumpy-legged dwarfs! For some reason I was fixated by the "configuration" options on BioWare's game launchers, and when I couldn't find one on NWN2, I had a brain fart. Well, I have a lot of those. I'm not exactly the brightest technogeek on the block! :thumbsup:

Yes, y'all are right, and I figured it out for myself by experimenting with higher resolutions until the characters weren't squashed into stumpy-legged dwarfs! For some reason I was fixated by the "configuration" options on BioWare's game launchers, and when I couldn't find one on NWN2, I had a brain fart. Well, I have a lot of those. I'm not exactly the brightest technogeek on the block! :thumbsup:

Since nwn2 isn't a bioware game...

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

...with the "correct" proportions, i.e. 9:6 or 10:6?

Where in the world did you get those numbers? :)

The most common aspect ratios are 4:3 (standard TV, ie. 1280x960) , 5:4 (common computer, ie. 1280x1024), 16:9 (standard HDTV, ie. 1280x720) and 16:10 (common computer , ie. 1280x800).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

...with the "correct" proportions, i.e. 9:6 or 10:6?

Where in the world did you get those numbers? :)

The most common aspect ratios are 4:3 (standard TV, ie. 1280x960) , 5:4 (common computer, ie. 1280x1024), 16:9 (standard HDTV, ie. 1280x720) and 16:10 (common computer , ie. 1280x800).

Heh, that should have read 16:9 and 16:10 instead of 9:6 and 10:6. I'd only had 8 cups of coffee at the time =]

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yes, y'all are right, and I figured it out for myself by experimenting with higher resolutions until the characters weren't squashed into stumpy-legged dwarfs! For some reason I was fixated by the "configuration" options on BioWare's game launchers, and when I couldn't find one on NWN2, I had a brain fart. Well, I have a lot of those. I'm not exactly the brightest technogeek on the block! :p

I know that, genius, but since the NWN2 manual comments on page 10: "The Neverwinter Nights 2 Configuration Utility, nwconfig, runs automatically the first time you play Neverwinter Nights 2. It is also available from the game launcher by clicking on Configure..." Then I was, stupid me, actually looking on the game launcher for Configure, just like the BioWare game launchers. But the manual lied, there is no such option on my game launcher.

I thought I'd fill you in since the only reason for your snide post was to unnecessarily ridicule me, and I wished to return the favor. -_-

To those who actually tried to help, thanks again!

Edited by ~Di

Yes, y'all are right, and I figured it out for myself by experimenting with higher resolutions until the characters weren't squashed into stumpy-legged dwarfs! For some reason I was fixated by the "configuration" options on BioWare's game launchers, and when I couldn't find one on NWN2, I had a brain fart. Well, I have a lot of those. I'm not exactly the brightest technogeek on the block! :p

I know that, genius, but since the NWN2 manual comments on page 10: "The Neverwinter Nights 2 Configuration Utility, nwconfig, runs automatically the first time you play Neverwinter Nights 2. It is also available from the game launcher by clicking on Configure..." Then I was, stupid me, actually looking on the game launcher for Configure, just like the BioWare game launchers. But the manual lied, there is no such option on my game launcher.

I thought I'd fill you in since the only reason for your snide post was to unnecessarily ridicule me, and I wished to return the favor. :)

To those who actually tried to help, thanks again!

Ridicule you? Hardly. Just point out you keep saying bioware this and bioware that... this isn't a bioware game so prob not in your best interest to keep comparing it to such. *shrugs*

Sensitive much?

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Sounds like the original problem was solved...

:skull: