Goodbye GOG.com

taviow

Heh, is kind of funny. The mention of the idea not dying is a bit of a clue for that.

Was going to finally get Castles II as well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I now feel very stupid for falling for it. :wacko:

The mention of the idea not dying is a bit of a clue for that.

I did notice the 'not gone forever' & 'era' parts, but coupled with their Twitter message, in my mind I was thinking that meant they might be going to a "at least some DRM" model or something...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm really glad I saw this via this forum, instead of just going to the site directly. I would have been gutted. As it is, it's a very silly thing to do, but provided they still provide a good service, I will forgive them.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Good news, GOG is awesome and I thought they were too popular to go away just like that, but that's a moronic stunt and I'll give them an earful when their forums come back up. Bloody trolls.

I'm really glad I saw this via this forum, instead of just going to the site directly. I would have been gutted. As it is, it's a very silly thing to do, but provided they still provide a good service, I will forgive them.

This.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Interesting. So was Bloodlines part of their lineup?

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

****, so it's a marketing stunt? It will work. Bit tasteless, but it will work. As long as I can download my games...

And please don't die, GOG. :o

EDIT: Want to know why this marketing stunt will work? Take a look at this thread.

Edited by Krezack