Goodbye GOG.com

taviow

Serpent Isle was my first ever RPG...it took me around 5 years to actually pass the knight's test in that game (bloody secret doors!). I used to just wander around aimlessly, cheatmapping my way around the island looking at all the weird and wonderful sights. Then I found out how to pass the test and the whole plot opened up...great game!

Empire Earth is free today, as well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Another World, Ultima 7, Sanitarium, and Crusader: No Regret.

Was going to pick up the Spellforce games, but I think I'll see what Steam's christmas sale is like. If that's even 25% off, it'll be the same price as gog's 50% off.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

And down they go, bit embarassing.

This was on their FB

We're continuing to have issues with our webhost; if you are finding that your purchase isn't going through, wait a few hours--or even a day--and try again. If you have any problems with games you've purchased not showing up in your accounts, we'll be happy to fix those for you as soon as we can.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And down they go, bit embarassing.

This was on their FB

We're continuing to have issues with our webhost; if you are finding that your purchase isn't going through, wait a few hours--or even a day--and try again. If you have any problems with games you've purchased not showing up in your accounts, we'll be happy to fix those for you as soon as we can.

Well that's a shame and embarrasing for them. Gotta check if the purchases I tried were actually charged from my credit card. I guess I won't playing Dungeon Keeper or Temple of Elemental Evil tonite...

Hate the living, love the dead.

Everything seems working so will grab Ground Control 2, Crusader, Stronghold Crusader, DK2 and Tropico. Might take a gamble on Haegemonia and Runaway : A Road Adventure, anyone have an opinion on either ?

I liked Runaway. There's three games and GOG only has the first. Though the first is good as a standalone and probably the best of the bunch. 2 gets into some sort of alien conspiracy, but 3 skips over the consequences of that to get back into mobsters.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Went a bit overboard and got : PS:T, both Crusaders, WC 3 and Privateer, Caesar III, DK2, Runaway, Haegemonia, GC2, Tropico and SMAC.

Not a bad way to blow $50.

• 4 weeks later...

Another game I'm going to play...

the remake of.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Awesome!

Now, if we could just get the American Revolt expansion too :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Nice, not much left to cover all the really good old games.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.