Goodbye GOG.com

taviow

Got me all excited until I clicked on the offer and noticed I already had them all except Dragonshard and Demon Stone. >_< Still offering the 60% based on past purchases but are they even worth the download? Never heard of either.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Got me all excited until I clicked on the offer and noticed I already had them all except Dragonshard and Demon Stone. >_

Almost in the same boat, except I didn't have the NWN1 platinum thing either. Was wondering about Dragonshard and Demon Stone though.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Demon Stone is good for one playthrough. Playing the rogue is fun.

No idea, though, wtf Patrick Stewart is doing in that game.

He did several games back then... He was great as King Richard, in the CD version of

*I wish that would show up on GoG.

• 3 weeks later...

First three Broken Sword games are on sale (well, I assume most here have the first one free from the promotion earlier). Funny too, I just bought BS2 last week.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• 5 weeks later...

So an idea struck me and I went on GoG and....

Why isn't Thief 2 there yet? I expect an extremely good explanation for this transgression.

And no, neither SE nor Eidos have a say in the matter.

Saints Row The Third

Good New Games ? ;)

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

They are going to release more newer games, apparently, at a slightly higher price point, but given SRt3 uses steamworks it won't ever get there.

So an idea struck me and I went on GoG and....

Why isn't Thief 2 there yet? I expect an extremely good explanation for this transgression.

And no, neither SE nor Eidos have a say in the matter.

Because the Dark engine is crap and wouldn't want to run properly on XP/Vista/7.

It's already available on other services and is easier to get to run than a lot of DOS games were out of the box.

You should check out TTLG some time, apparently people there can tell you how to get it running.

Thief 2 seems to break in different ways every time I try to get it running. I wouldn't mind a properly packaged compatible version that I can buy off GOG, though I almost never repurchase games.

I never had any real problem getting any of the old LGS games running until recently, and that was completely unrelated to the game itself. Then again I don't think I've actually reinstalled them since 2000 and just copy the folders over all the time so the various accumulated fixes were done piecemeal and didn't need redoing.

They are going to release more newer games, apparently, at a slightly higher price point,

I like this. I've been noticing more games there that are "only" 4-5 years old, stuff like that. And the Witcher2, very recent.

Just nice to have an option other than Steam for some stuff, when possible.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Is it running in Exult?

I'm curious about that as well. Exult works fine, but currently has this very nasty and random "items disappear" bug (which is currently being worked on).

If it's then the DOS version, I sure hope they warn players to NEVER fly over the Isle of the Avatar or fly to Minoc with the Carpet or you can never finish the game, period.