Goodbye GOG.com

taviow

Is there an expiration date on the vouchers one got with the TW2 pre-order? Thinking of buying Septerra Core. Also, opinions on the game?

Loved it back in the day. It's basically a JRPG made by a western team, the magic system is pretty cool, the combat will get tedious, the world is cool, the story not bad(by JRPG standards).

I usually lure people in with the

. Edited by Purkake

despite not ever finishing it, i do in fact recommend a gander, its a really cool game, just not terribly fun after a few dungeons and the repetition sets in.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

despite not ever finishing it, i do in fact recommend a gander, its a really cool game, just not terribly fun after a few dungeons and the repetition sets in.

You can read/watch the ending online...

Protip for future Septerra players: use healing items to kill undead and save tons of time.

Ah goodie they have Slipstream 5000. Heh, first CD-ROM game I had, and I didn't even have a CD-ROM drive. So the jewel case sat there, taunting me.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• 2 weeks later...

good-news.jpg

"With today's announcement we're releasing more from the two series that launched EA catalogue on GOG.com - Dungeon Keeper 2 and Wing Commander 1+2. But that's not all! 6 more great games are coming soon to GOG.com's ever growing catalogue of awesome games from the yesteryear, in the coming weeks. "

;):wowey:

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Wonder what else is coming. Syndicate ? Anyway, will probably get both of those.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What would be really awesome is Wing Commander 4 DVD - it was only ever released as part of the Creative DVD bundle although there are ways to patch your CD copy to use downloaded DVD FMV. Prophecy DVD would be nice too of course.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Hmm, tempted to get myself Dungeon Keeper, but which one is better the 1st one or the sequel?

The first, by far.

I would agree... But I would also say get them both. They are the same basic game, but have subtle, and not so subtle differences. My favorite is the first one; and I'm kind of surprised [and impressed] that they sell it with the original ending.

The second one feels much more clunky and somewhat disorganized.

That, though, may be, because I never got the CD version working as it always crashed at the main menu, so I haven't really gotten fully into it yet.

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

I'm hoping for Populous : The Begining; Preferably with some of the user patch options; though I doubt it.

There was Hi-res, and bump-mapping added in one patch; and internet play... but at the cost of LAN play. :(

Edited by Gizmo

The second one feels much more clunky and somewhat disorganized.

This is true and also odd, because the second one has so much less buttons, creatures, rooms, etc. You can see design philosophies behind everything, everything has a purpose, and yet it somehow seems less cohesive.

• 2 weeks later...

Glorious day! All D&D titles are up to 60% off. They're using a variable pricing structure, it starts at 20% off, then every game you add to your cart, get an additional 5% off.

http://www.gog.com/en/page/dnd_promo

It would have only saved me $5 to take 4 games off, so I got them all.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I was this close to buying both BGs, both Icewind Dales, and Planescape on monday. Dodged that bullet.

I'll queue up everything I haven't already downloaded tonight.

The consolation prize is something I already own, though. :(

Hm, might as well get them, even if I'll never play them.