Boardwalk Empire

taviow

Boardwalk Empire is an upcoming American television series from premium cable network HBO, set in Atlantic City, New Jersey during the Prohibition era. Starring Steve Buscemi, the show is adapted from Nelson Johnson's book, Boardwalk Empire: The Birth, High Times, and Corruption of Atlantic City by Emmy award-winning screenwriter and producer Terence Winter of The Sopranos

Wiki entry

Trailer here.

Anyone going to check this out?

Boardwalk Empire is an upcoming American television series from premium cable network HBO, set in Atlantic City, New Jersey during the Prohibition era. Starring Steve Buscemi, the show is adapted from Nelson Johnson's book, Boardwalk Empire: The Birth, High Times, and Corruption of Atlantic City by Emmy award-winning screenwriter and producer Terence Winter of The Sopranos

Wiki entry

Trailer here.

Anyone going to check this out?

I saw the trailer for the first time today. I looks like it might be good.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yea, hubs saw an ad for it the other day. I was going to get HBO again for the Game of Thrones series & this is making me consider doing that sooner. But I dunno...despite my long enduring love for Steve, the series itself doesn't necessarily seem like my kind of thing. They'll put it on DVD eventually I'm sure...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ill be using computer magic to watch it later today. (which is quasi-legal since I do pay for Canal+ who airs everything HBO does in scandinavia, but with a six month delay)

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It's quite good I think, high production value as can be expected from HBO

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Bah. I caved and got HBO just now. $10/m for 6 months/$20 after that. Considering how much we pay even w/out it+the slow pace of movie On-Demand turnover seems worth it for 4 more commercial-free movie channels.

Hopefully HBO will repeat the 1st episode a lot this week or have it on subscriber on-demand, so I can check it out. :thumbsup:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well I saw it.

I thought it was almost painfully slow for most of the episode - not so much boring where I wanted to turn away, but it brought out the "get on with it" impatient side of me a bit. :p

The very ending left me a tad confused on one issue but I assume they'll explain it later. However I can see potential for future episodes as chrs. become better fleshed out, motivations become more clear & viewers become more attached to the goings on. Well acted, looks good, & seems as if in the future will have some nice conflict scenes & all of that. Just don't expect the pace or action of, say, Rome.