Patch release

What? It is "real" patch if it fixes things and works.

Well, if it fixes stuff, and not just registration issues that aren't gameplay related.

Sure, someone mentioned the savegame loading, but that's just one person. Not quite sure it's actually fixed until more people confirm said happening.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

What? It is "real" patch if it fixes things and works.

Well, if it fixes stuff, and not just registration issues that aren't gameplay related.

Sure, someone mentioned the savegame loading, but that's just one person. Not quite sure it's actually fixed until more people confirm said happening.

Another guy at GameBanshee confirmed that fix and also confirmed that the game runs smoother with the patch.

Most those poor chained up developers do manage to polish they games somehow...

Though most of those don't actually make crpgs :o

It's way easier to polish a straight up shooter that follows a narrow path than it is to polish a sandbox game or a crpg with actual c&c. Not to mention crpgs usually are at least twice as long than your average game.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Most those poor chained up developers do manage to polish they games somehow...

Though most of those don't actually make crpgs :o

It's way easier to polish a straight up shooter that follows a narrow path than it is to polish a sandbox game or a crpg with actual c&c. Not to mention crpgs usually are at least twice as long than your average game.

Let's be honest though, Alpha Protocol could have been polished if they didn't really fiddle with its structure and story so much. Just go and read the Something Awful topic about it and read Patrick Mills' messages. Really.

Another guy at GameBanshee confirmed that fix and also confirmed that the game runs smoother with the patch.

In that case...

EU-version plz!

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Let's be honest though, Alpha Protocol could have been polished if they didn't really fiddle with its structure and story so much. Just go and read the Something Awful topic about it and read Patrick Mills' messages. Really.

Did I mention Alpha Protocol there? I was just making a general comment about the lack and level of polish in different games. Since it's not really that rare to see a crpg that isn't as polished as your average shooter.

But anyways do share the link, cba to go find it myself.

Did I mention Alpha Protocol there? I was just making a general comment about the lack and level of polish in different games. Since it's not really that rare to see a crpg that isn't as polished as your average shooter.

I was sure funcroc posted it on the other thread..

And yeah, I know you didn't mention Alpha Protocol, but the thought of what the game could have been pushes the wrong buttons of my gamer side.

Meh, games these days are pretty unpolished.

Look at the bugs Bio managed to put in ME2, Bethesda in F3/Oblivion, and well, pretty much any other modern game.

Oddly enough they complain about AP though, not there. I guess graphical bugs ARE the bane of all existance. So much worse than gamebreaking bugs or other non-engine related issues... :o

^

And yeah, I know you didn't mention Alpha Protocol, but the thought of what the game could have been pushes the wrong buttons of my gamer side.

The thing is though, we don't know how much of the structure and story fiddling is due to Sega not knowing what they want or due to Obsidian. And I guess we won't find out anytime soon...

I was sure funcroc posted it on the other thread..

I saw it before and for me it reads more like extremly troubled development. I mean layoff's, levels that don't work for whatever reason. I think they fiddeled around with it that much because they had to to get it working in the end.Not because they wanted to.

Edited by C2B

Also just to add. Why is there such a negativity towards AP's bugs? I mean they are way, way, way less than NWN2 release or KOTOR2. Of course, the mouse stuttering is game breaking on pc though :o and really an example of a bug that should not happen.

Edited by C2B

I saw it before and for me it reads more like extremly troubled development. I mean layoff's, levels that don't work for whatever reason. I think they fiddeled around with it that much because they had to to get it working in the end.Not because they wanted to.

Not 100% sure but weren't the layoffs due to Aliens being cancelled by Sega...

Yeah, I'm certainly inventing imaginary problems because I have nothing better to do! It's not like, say, I encountered those problems! You are the beacon of truth and hope Karl! Go on! You are the new Jesus Christ!

You pull the words out of my mouth man!

About what I said about illegal game downloads, I would say, that it's the only logical answer to companies who constantly see us as morons who are willing to pay for unfinished and defected products, YOU poor humans continue to pay a large amount of money for things that won't work, or very bad.

Of course, there's always be people seduced by extremely enticing speeches about their needs and their expectations about their (not yours...) incertain future. But with illegal downloads, the answer is clear : if you want us to help you, then at least produce WORKING things and at fair price please.

By the way, the "cracked" exe screwed my game, as many people here, and as expected as well.

Yeah, I'm certainly inventing imaginary problems because I have nothing better to do! It's not like, say, I encountered those problems! You are the beacon of truth and hope Karl! Go on! You are the new Jesus Christ!

You pull the words out of my mouth man!

About what I said about illegal game downloads, I would say, for my defense (because I'm a REAL REAL BADASS PIRATE LOL), that it's the only logical answer to companies who constantly see us as morons who are willing to pay for unfinished and defected products, YOU poor humans continue to pay a large amount of money for things that won't work, or very bad.

Of course, there's always be people seduced by extremely enticing speeches about their needs and their expectations about their (not yours...) incertain future. But with illegal downloads, the answer is clear : if you want us to help you, then at least produce WORKING things and at fair price please.

By the way, the "cracked" exe screwed my game, as many people here, and as expected as well.

People like you are the reason companies like Troika went under. :o

About what I said about illegal game downloads, I would say, that it's the only logical answer to companies who constantly see us as morons who are willing to pay for unfinished and defected products, YOU poor humans continue to pay a large amount of money for things that won't work, or very bad.

No tard, logical answer is not to buy the product and continue your life without it.

Pirating it sends totally wrong signals.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I thought you lived in France and not in some 3rd world country where 30-60 euros is actually a lot of money. As for what comes to paying for things that are bad or don't work... There are these things called gaming mazines (you prolly steal them from stores since one article they published was bad) or even free sites than you can use to read game reviews. Voila, no more money wasted on inferior products. And you could just resort to playing on consoles. No more hardware issues causing games work badly.

And what comes to your superior logic, I think Kirottu covered it quite well.

I thought you lived in France and not in some 3rd world country where 30-60 euros is actually a lot of money. As for what comes to paying for things that are bad or don't work... There are these things called gaming mazines (you prolly steal them from stores since one article they published was bad) or even free sites than you can use to read game reviews. Voila, no more money wasted on inferior products. And you could just resort to playing on consoles. No more hardware issues causing games work badly.

And what comes to your superior logic, I think Kirottu covered it quite well.

30-60 euros are still alot of money for some people even if they dont live in 3rd world countrys. But yeah, reading up on a game before buying it is a good idea.

30-60 euros are still alot of money for some people even if they dont live in 3rd world countrys. But yeah, reading up on a game before buying it is a good idea.

True, but then again they can afford to upgrage their computers from time to time to be able to play the newest games. And it's not like games don't ever go on sale. If you can't afford fully priced games you can always wait for steam sales.

Generally though 30-60 euros ain't a large amount of money for western europeans. For students who don't work part time or unemployed people it is a lot of money. And for PC you can get two games for 60 euros if you just order them from cheap places such as play.com

The wrong signals are what companies serve you. If you believe that illegal download is responsible for the death of troika, then you probably think that illegal music download would've harm music majors? What about their actual profits? Do you think people download less music today?

But there's no point arguing with brainless sheeps.

A game company who makes no money with a promising game, because of its price and its inhabilty to run smoothly, whether people don't buy the game and move on or illegally download it instead, should probably ask themselves the good questions so they can make money for their work.

All works deserve a salary, but if one do bad work, it's natural one is not paid. It's applyable for game companies as well.

A game company who makes no money with a promising game, because of its price and its inhabilty to run smoothly, whether people don't buy the game and move on or illegally download it instead, should probably ask themselves the good questions so they can make money for their work.

All works deserve a salary, but if one do bad work, it's natural one is not paid. It's applyable for game companies as well.

Normal person: I don

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Remember everyone, discussion of piracy as an issue is fine (though it is OT here), admission of / endorsement of / providing information for piracy is not. Because, last time we checked, it's still illegal.

Anyway, I won't even get into the kind of things that have to be presumed in order to mount the type of advocacy of piracy that khelgar does - you have to presume that you are above the law and can, vigilante-like, judge what is a 'fair price' or not, you are presuming that this vigilante-like judgment of the consumer is going to be accurate and selfless, that pirating games will send the right signals and make specific changes in game companies (instead of just bankrupting them and encouraging generic GOW clones), that supporting a system whereby everyone gets stuff for free and video game companies go bankrupt will help us get better video games that we will then start to pay for instead of continuing to get it for free...

Certainly piracy is an inescapable fact of the industry now and in combination with other things, the hope is that it can lead to a few positive developments, such as more sensible game budgets, but to encourage everyone to pirate a game because one person in his divine wisdom has decreed it 'unworthy' is madness.

Certain developers really do deserve the money though and I think Obsidian is one of them. Sega on the other hand.. deserve far less. I do not regret buying Alpha protocol, its still a great game despite what people say but it could have been alot better.

Then there are games like Mafia 2, also a great game, cut to pieces.. I bought it. It wasnt worth the full price I payed for it, even though I got it cheap.. but I still bought it.

Rushing a game, or cutting it up and selling pieces of it as dlcs(ex. mafia 2), alternatively weapon packs (ex. just cause 2) or hey lets not care about support for this game.. those are things that might save/make the publisher/developer money in the short run, but in the long run it will hurt their credibility and make people more willing to pirate their games instead. Caring about the community, supporting the game and releasing proper dlcs(dragon age) is the way to go. Sadly, Alpha Protocol didnt get the good treatment.. at all.. since the release.

It's not that I don't like the game...I like it on the contrary. What undermines me are technical problems. A great game that don't work correctly is not really worth the price you have to pay for it. My reasoning would be a way to say "don't take me for a fool".

I'm a long-time lurker, but I haven't read these forums much recently - does Obsidian or Sega have a community manager that posts here? I'm not demanding anything, but it would be nice to have an official comment on whether or not us European residents are going to get a patch.

The patch is said fix the jittery mouselook, which was the issue that stopped me playing the game. I've tried all the fixes here and all they do is make it slightly better, and I can never get the hang of using a controller to shoot things (which is the only 'fix' that works completely).

Edited by DPB