Patch release

Has anyone gotten to run the patched game on WinXP Pro, 32-bit? I am eager to start playing the game for the first time, but hesitant to install the patch due to the problems I hear about. I have a UK version of the game if that matters.

Edited by kramz

That would be my setup and I get the same result as everyone else. APGame.exe has stopped working.

Although I could revert to my old .exe without any issues, all savegames intact and the menu sounds as they should be.

Seriously, though, SEGA dissalowed OE to work on several patches for one mega-patch... and... THIS is it? Are you kidding me? This is even worse than 1.0b for KOTOR2, and that was a ****ing disgrace. :p

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I also get the start-up error when trying to use the patched version. I'm using a STEAM copy bought in the EU.

So yep, looks like it might be a problem for non-US users then?

So it

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

OK, at least it works for about 1% of people out there, right? :p I suppose back up your .exe, use, and roll back if it does horrible things - yeah, it's not a patch, it's a lottery, but at least you can win if you're damn lucky. :thumbsup:

I can also confirm that the "Reload Last Checkpoint" feature is fixed; enemies always spawn correctly now.

That's pretty cool, I guess if the patch works for you you're going to get a pretty nice set of technical fixes (which are always more urgent than gameplay ones). Hopefully we can narrow down the set of conditions where the patch is going to work, but somehow I don't suspect that will be the case.

Wait, enemy spawns on loading a save are fixed? Is this available for 360?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The fault is Sega's, almost certainly, though there's certainly room for other parties (could be a uniloc/drm problem as it asks me for the disk which it ain't supposed to, also WUNE's grunt problem is DRM related). Sega are meant to handle patch releases and testing and it appears that the problem is specifically with its compatibility being broken rather than it being outright broken.

I'm actually at the stage of wondering whether some tech guy at Sega just got sick of it and stuck an interim patch up. The weird structure, lack of publicity, lack of localisation testing and everything else about it is so far out of usual operating procedure it really looks like something odd has happened.

The fault is Sega's, almost certainly, though there's certainly room for other parties (could be a uniloc/drm problem as it asks me for the disk which it ain't supposed to, also WUNE's grunt problem is DRM related). Sega are meant to handle patch releases and testing and it appears that the problem is specifically with its compatibility being broken rather than it being outright broken.

I'm actually at the stage of wondering whether some tech guy at Sega just got sick of it and stuck an interim patch up. The weird structure, lack of publicity, lack of localisation testing and everything else about it is so far out of usual operating procedure it really looks like something odd has happened.

I agree, it's pretty strange. Why this wasn't officially announced anywhere is suspect - you'd think that a patch to fix up some of the game's issues would increase interest in the game and, if enough effort was put in, could even spur a few more sales. This sounds to me like some sort of weird unofficial effort done by one of the QA guys in his spare time.

I find it strange there was NOT even a ZIP file w/ a Readme.TXT file of some kind with both the patch notes and instructions on how to install the patch.

All that was given was a EXE file to replace the old one...

Edited by MysterD