Patch release

A patch that is literally just an exe replacement, no installer, no readme, nothing else at all? I'm not sure I've seen that in the last decade.

Or at least not without it being labeled an interim or beta patch or similar.

Edit #2 and more amusingly*, the patched exe gives me a no disk error then Dr Watson's and needs to be killed in task manager...

*as v1 has always worked fine for me PEBKAM errors relating to a changed video card notwithstanding.

Edited by Zoraptor

Wow. Not only the new executable crashes every time I try to execute the game but it also corrupted my game! When I replaced it with my old executable I had lost all my saves (corrupted) and instead of hearing the normal sounds I should hear I could only hear a generic goon being beaten as a sound effect. FOR EVERYTHING.

Kudos Sega & Obsidian! Kudos! :thumbsup:

Bah, you'll never be happy.

I know, right? I mean, expecting more than a dialog box "Alpha Protocol has crashed" from the patch is preposterous!

I wish I could deliver that kind of "fix" at work...

I think he was sarcastic.....

Bah, you'll never be happy.

I know, right? I mean, expecting more than a dialog box "Alpha Protocol has crashed" from the patch is preposterous!

I wish I could deliver that kind of "fix" at work...

I think he was sarcastic.....

You're catching on.

Maybe I need to more on to more covert tactics?

Wow. Not only the new executable crashes every time I try to execute the game but it also corrupted my game! When I replaced it with my old executable I had lost all my saves (corrupted) and instead of hearing the normal sounds I should hear I could only hear a generic goon being beaten as a sound effect. FOR EVERYTHING.

Kudos Sega & Obsidian! Kudos! :brows:

:down:

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Guys, I don't know any more than you do, obviously, but let's focus on the fact that it addresses installation/activation problems - i.e. if it works, then the people who need a patch most (i.e. people who couldn't play the game before) will be able to play, yes? Has anyone with such a problem tried it, yet?

But since such things can be sources of frustration for those involved, let's take the snide ha-ha's elsewhere, be constructive.

Guys, I don't know any more than you do, obviously, but let's focus on the fact that it addresses installation/activation problems - i.e. if it works, then the people who need a patch most (i.e. people who couldn't play the game before) will be able to play, yes? Has anyone with such a problem tried it, yet?

But since such things can be sources of frustration for those involved, let's take the snide ha-ha's elsewhere, be constructive.

Sorry Tigranes, but there's nothing to be constructive about here. It's not just here, plenty of sources report that the patch simply flat-out doesn't work. I have yet to hear someone that tells me that this patch worked for him/her. If someone that meets that criterion is browsing this board, it would be nice to simply jump in and tell us 'hey it worked, I have AP's version X, and my specs are blah blah'. But I have my doubts someone will appear and tell us that. I wouldn't be surprised if SEGA had actually just downloaded this 'patch' from a Crack website. Seriously.

It's a screw up and it will likely damage Obsidian and SEGA reputation even more. And you know why? Because in the modern game industry screw-ups like this aren't tolerated. And rightly so. It's just so damn amateurish. Seriously SEGA? SERIOUSLY?

EDIT : And the guy appeared. Specs? Have you ever played AP before installing the patch? And yeah, you're damn lucky.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

EDIT : And the guy appeared. Specs?
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Intel Core i5 540M @~2.6 GHz

ATi Mobility Radeon HD 5650; 1 GB VRAM

4 GB System RAM

Have you ever played AP before installing the patch?
Yep, and I tried multiple saves from multiple games, and they all worked. I can also confirm that the "Reload Last Checkpoint" feature is fixed; enemies always spawn correctly now.
And yeah, you're damn lucky.
Yep. :lol:

After playing about an hour of AP I can safely say that it does fix some minor technical issues like the camera jerking mid-level has been greatly reduced. I suggest that people who notice changes/differences post here IE make our own patch notes.

Also the game doesn't ask me to activate my game everytime I start up. Plus the mouse works in the menu now without it being a pain in the butt.