Nehrim: An Oblivion total conversion mod

Meshugger

Nehrim

The english version was released recently. Today IIRC.

- It's a total conversion as in it has nothing to do with Oblivion, except for using its assets and engine

- Reported to have better C&C than Oblivion (wow, not wouldn't be too difficult, would it?)

- The mod is at a whopping 1.6GB

- It has its own rulesystem

- Apparantly the world is bigger than in Oblivion

- Every single dungeon was separately designed in order to keep exploring interesting

- All trees and environments have been specifically designed for each area, making exploring a more unique experience.

- 56 english voiceactors. Did Oblivion even have this kind of arsenal?

- It has its own soundtrack

- It's free

Sounds too good to be true for me. Most games are not even of this calibre. Anyone tried it yet?

-

- Screenshots

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Great trailer. Too bad I don't want to play Oblivion. :(

Maybe one day.

From what i gather, you only need the Oblivion disc to install the necessary libraries and whatnot. The rest is completely new, i do not think that you even need to start Oblivion for this mod.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Google is providing no results for C&C that aren't command and conquer.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Screenies look awesome. What's the actual gameplay like? Is the combat changed from Oblivion? Is the appeal meant to be better (i.e. bearable) writing/plot?

The gameplay video seems to show the same Oblivion combat system. While it didn't bother me at the time, I can't imagine myself touching it again.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

im intrigued, someone play this and then talk about whether its fun or not

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Not sure I can bring myself to care, I was really into checking out full conversion mods years back, but now it all seems like wasted effort, on their part, I've honestly never played a good full conversion mod.

That doesn't mean they don't exist, I've just not seen one.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

So far I've played through the begining sequence. Besides being extremely freakin dark inside the caves it seems like it will be like a nice little play through. If you liked oblivion and have it I have no real doubts it'll be a decent little romp. Going to play more after I do some stuff, will report more if wanted.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

The level up system supposedly works like in the Gothic games.

Hmm, consider me intruiged.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I still have an Oblivion installation on my pc and the mod install seems easy enough so I'll give it a try. I'm d'ling now, but probably won't have time to look at it until the weekend or maybe Friday.

edit. I remember when a couple MB was a large download. lol. 1.6 GB. How times have changed.

Edited by Slowtrain
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

edit. I remember when a couple MB was a large download. lol. 1.6 GB. How times have changed.

They changed a while ago, mang.

Yeah, I just don't dl stuff very often so uber larger files are still a novelty.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.