New Neverwinter by Cryptic

TheHarlequin

By "killing the dice rolls" I assume that they'll just use a more appropriate random number generator system.

Rolling a D20 might be cool, but it's far from perfect, especially at higher levels.

Not that I see how they would fit that into 4e

Edited by Purkake

Obsidian could do stopping using someone else's engine and begin standing on its own legs.

Like Alpha Protocol you mean?

We all know how that end up....

No, Obsidian is destined to make sequels. :banghead:

UE isn't Obsidian's engine. Plus, a failure doesn't have to stop them from making new IPs, unless they're content with just staying alive and being the mercenaries of WRPGs.

if they're good at it, why not? it pays the bills, and as long as we're satisfied (I am), they're safe :banghead:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Can you read? I said Obsidian could handle the singleplayer while Cryptic does it's own thing, mang.

Having two different teams design different parts of the same game is like a double disaster. Just look at what happened to Bioshock 2.

There's nothing stopping WotC from licensing out more games, though.

Can you read? I said Obsidian could handle the singleplayer while Cryptic does it's own thing, mang.

Having two different teams design different parts of the same game is like a double disaster. Just look at what happened to Bioshock 2.

Just look at what happened to Return to Castle Wolfenstein! :banghead:

Lots, but it still wasn't enough...

whats still wrong with it then?

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

I know one bug in Crossroad Keep that's still in for example. If you reach a milestone while your units are on a special mission, the mission won't be completed, ever.

Haven't noticed any others myself tho.

"What's the fascination with Neverwinter anyway? Forgotten Realms is pretty big..."

They're hoping the NWN name sells it ebcause of the success of the BIO/OBS series. It's why these punks have named dropped bascially every remotely successful developer of the past 2 decades.

Anyways, this game is gonna suck. It's D&D in name only. Absolutely pathetic.

1000s of hit points. LMAO Taking the dice rolls out of the game. And,a whole bunch of other crap.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Lots, but it still wasn't enough...

whats still wrong with it then?

Gray orc light blindness, combat animations, warlock powers (from what I've read). Game killing corrupt module errors...

Just a few I could think of off the top....

In other words alleged issues you've just read about but not experienced?

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente