New Neverwinter by Cryptic

TheHarlequin

Lots of bold words but for now they haven't shown anything.

Generally when a company starts openly listing games that they are trying to emulate... it's a really bad sign. :ermm:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The biggest fans of the NWN series were those who loved the toolsets and MP and the persistent worlds, not the SP campaigns.

In terms of enthusiasm, sure, but the majority of folks who bought the game played through the single player stuff and then shelved it... just like any other non-mmo game.

This game will suck. Mark my words. 100s of hit points. L0LZ

Is this D&D or FF?!?

He said the HP will be about 3 times what the tabletop uses. Considering mages have like 4 hp in the tabletop game, that sounds reasonable.

The only other specific he said is that they are ditching initiative rolls.

The interviewer was referring to Turbine and how they handled DDO, maybe you misread that as the developer.

This game will suck. Mark my words. 100s of hit points. L0LZ

Is this D&D or FF?!?

the amount of hit points doesn't matter, it's the damage to hit point ratio that counts

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

The biggest fans of the NWN series were those who loved the toolsets and MP and the persistent worlds, not the SP campaigns.

In terms of enthusiasm, sure, but the majority of folks who bought the game played through the single player stuff and then shelved it... just like any other non-mmo game.

Or, like me, decided to cut their losses and shelved it before playing through the single player. :sorcerer:

Should probably try it again now that I actually have sufficient grunt to run it... But seem to have misplaced one of the discs. Oh well.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I agree with this. It seems like a pretty odd decision. If you are going to create an easy to use toolset, why wouldn't you have a small team make a campaign with it? Bioware seemed to make a very basic campaign with NWN, it was surpassed in quality by the fan community fairly quickly, but at least it came with something to play out of the box.

It's pretty early in the development though, so I guess time will tell.

At the time, I think Bio was putting more time and effort into BG2, Throne of Baal, and kotor. They didn't really turn their full attention to NWN til Hordes of the Underdark, which was much better than the OC.

Personally, I wonder how Obsidian is able to work on all the projects they have going right now....

At the time, I think Bio was putting more time and effort into BG2, Throne of Baal, and kotor. They didn't really turn their full attention to NWN til Hordes of the Underdark, which was much better than the OC.

Personally, I wonder how Obsidian is able to work on all the projects they have going right now....

Several dev teams as once. Just like any other dev shop with more then 1 game in the pipe line.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Well dah. And where do these teams come from? You've got Fallout3, the Wheel of Time game, and Dungeon Siege. Not to mention another NWN2 patch was being worked on and there has been much clamoring for an Alpha Protocal patch as well. You either hire a slug of new people or transfer people around from different teams... thus degrading the quality of what they had been working on.

Well dah. And where do these teams come from? You've got Fallout3, the Wheel of Time game, and Dungeon Siege. Not to mention another NWN2 patch was being worked on and there has been much clamoring for an Alpha Protocal patch as well. You either hire a slug of new people or transfer people around from different teams... thus degrading the quality of what they had been working on.

There is no NWN2 patch.

Fallout New Vegas is almost finished, at this point they're just working on fixing bugs which means that a lot of people can now be transferred to new projects.

Also, last time I heard, Red Eagle still hadn't secured the funds for the Wheel of Time game so they haven't started working on it.

I myself would prefer seeing Obsidian spreading itself a little bit less thin, but they are not really working on as many projects as you seem to think.

There is no NWN2 patch.

But there should be...

At this point you're probably right Atari and the legal wrangling having killed it.

How many patches did nwn2 get?

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente