Fallout: New Vegas

J.E. Sawyer

My Fallout 3 experience was worse than Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion combined. Daggerfall crashed a lot and had me fall through the floor all the time, sure. Morrowind had the broken quests and weird anomalies. Oblivion.. had the Radian AI. All those were bad. But Fallout 3 is the only game I've played that always ended with my computer being completely unrecoverable from a crash, to the point where I had to restart the hardware to get it running again. After I installed Anchorage, I don't think I ever actually turned off my game via software, but only from complete system restarts!

So no matter what Obsidian does with Fallout: New Vegas, it can hardly get any worse for me.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Check the strange placed weapon on Lily's back. :lol:

/Edit: Beside this, super mutants now finally look cool.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yeh, because G4TV HD videos suck. Always when I use fullscreen mode, everything is fit into my 4:3 screen without black borders, so everything is stretched ugly. And doing screens from the not-fullscreen mode isn't looking that good, sadly.

/Edit: But here is a screenshot of Neil anyway. :>

neil1.png

I really like it.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Wut. I was absolutely sure I posted it in the other topic.

Anyway, am I the only one that dislikes Lily's voice acting?

I love it personally. :(

Its perfectly creepy for a supermutant grandmom.

I thought the "give grandma some sugar" line was pretty priceless. I would've shot milk from my nose, had I been drinking any.

Also, she had an assault rifle on her back, which means she isn't a dedicated melee monster like she was described.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

I don't know what kind of character to plan for. It's really hard for me to figure out what to do in games, nowadays.

I've got anti-hero ideas, intellectual ideas, and idealist ideas. For this game, I want to go with a cowboy assassin, but I also want to be a passive scientist with energy weapons as a fallback. The problem tends to be that I'll roll one up, then start playing as the other halfway through.

I guess what I'm saying is that I want a multiple personality trait. Pick two distinct character builds, but the game randomly determines which one is available at any given time!

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Oooh, or a "complete nutter" trait. Everytime you go to sleep, a different set of skills is set up for you. At random, but intelligently so it's not a useless set. I might have to see if I can mod that in. Every day you're a different character!

I don't know what kind of character to plan for. It's really hard for me to figure out what to do in games, nowadays.

If I thought NV was going to be exactly the same as FO3, gameplay-wise, I'd go for a small guns, explosives, repair character. But for NV the speech skill might actually be worth using. IF stealth is actually more useful that's a consideration as well.

But most likely, given that NV will still be pretty similar to FO3, small guns, explosives, repair, makes the most interesting character for me to play, I think.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I did Energy Guns, Stealth, and maybe Science.

I'm kind of sick of stealth though.

Going for guns, speech and science, most likely. SPECIAL stats I don't know yet. Most likely ST not more than 5 and INT around 7.

This is assuming of course that in NV your starting stat and skill levels and tag choices actually matter in more than a trivial sense.

I'm hopeful, but not any more than that.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I haven't anticipated a game that much since years. It's strange, I feel like a child ~1 week before christmas. How annoying... and everything bores me now. Finished Interstate '76 today again, playing through Commandos, was playing Ghost Recon again, SWAT 4 in Coop, etc. etc. just to waste some time, because I got nothing else to do in the moment anyway.

Edited by Lexx