Fallout: New Vegas

J.E. Sawyer

I started a new game of FO3 just to get myself back into a Fallout mood. :brows:

Despite having spent quite a few hours on the game since it was freleased, it is still enjoyable. I'm looking forward to seeing the changes in NV.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I did the opposite, and uninstalled fo3 about 5 months ago to make sure i didnt touch it before new vegas was released. I want to experience new vegas as its own animal, without too much influence of fo3 in my head (though some is inevitable)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I have it still on my HDD, but I am not touching it anyway. :brows: It just bores the **** out of me, especially because I always end somewhere in the desert part of the map, blasting random stuff in the air, with a rocket launcher.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Why can't Obsidian release ONE game that doesn't have bugs out the ass? :lol:

1. Obsidian games have a lot more content than your average game. More content means a lot more testing is required.

2. Bethesda has been working with New Vegas' engine for the past 10 years, and all their games using said engine had bugs out the ass. What makes you think Obsidian would improve upon that record?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Why can't Obsidian release ONE game that doesn't have bugs out the ass? :lol:

1. Obsidian games have a lot more content than your average game. More content means a lot more testing is required.

2. Bethesda has been working with New Vegas' engine for the past 10 years, and all their games using said engine had bugs out the ass. What makes you think Obsidian would improve upon that record?

1. Agreed, but that doesn't mean BUGS OUT THE ASS.

2. Fallout 3 had it's fair share of bugs, and I didn't expect much improvement, I just didn't expect things to get WORSE.

Why the language edit if there's a censor in place?

I know I'm overreacting, but I don't trust Obsidian anymore. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

On the plus side the video has excellent voice acting, and the quest structure is very nice.

how did you discover that new vegas has worse bugs than fo3?
Complaints about the framerate in previews, the E3 preview where he couldn't get his weapons back(definitely fixed), and the fact that there are 3 bugs in this video. Edited by Cogar66

What's the bug in the video, exactly? Is an NPC floating half a centimetre above the ground, or something? Meh.

Fallout 3 had it's fair share of bugs, and I didn't expect much improvement, I just didn't expect things to get WORSE.

how did you discover that new vegas has worse bugs than fo3?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Fallout 3 (and Morrowind and Oblivion) had problems with frame rate. Also, Fallout 3 had a lot more than 3 bugs.

Heja Sverige!!

Fallout 3 (and Morrowind and Oblivion) had problems with frame rate. Also, Fallout 3 had a lot more than 3 bugs.

Yeah, it probably had like 4. 4 1/2, maybe.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

:lol:

Heja Sverige!!

I think the only bug I encountered in Fallout 3 was that a minor quest giver NPC I was supposed to meet at a certain location spawned, started running in a single direction and never stopped. That one was weird. I hope in New Vegas a life of hard drugs, tobacco and alcohol will have sufficiently knocked the wind out of everyone's sails.

Edited by Serrano

A few I've encountered on a new run on a newer pc, ver. 1.7...

various dissapearing megaton npcs

Yee ol' fat-savegame corruption and general crashiness

Deatclaw+bottlerocket bug

Rocketing ragdoll glitch

Cannot target airborne grenades and rockets "feature"

and my personal favorite...

Rivet City sleep-walking. Found Paulie Cantelli randomly passed out on a super mutants bed/cot up in that little battlement area where they spawn between rivet city and the memorial. Upon me killing all the local muties, he gets up, bitches about the racket, and goes right back to bed.

Must have been a hell of a night.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

Daggerfall has more bugs than Morrowind, Oblivion & Fallout 3 together. And still it is the best Bethesda game.

True. Though personally I like Morrowind better.^^ Daggerfall was too massive for me.

And I don't really care about bugs as long as they are avoidable. A buggy game with good content is still better for me than a polished game with medicore content.

It just wouldn't be Obsidian game without the bugs :lol:

Anyway, I just uninstalled Fallout 3 and it's still a buggy mess. Once again I crashed into desktop when I used VATS (just one example of the numerious bugs). I fully expected to crash as much in Fallot New Vegas too, but at least I get fresh content. Damn I hate Gamebryo engine :)

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

It just wouldn't be Obsidian game without the bugs :lol:

It wouldn't be a Fallout game without the bugs. And I don't mean radscorps.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

If nobody had mentioned it, I wouldn't have noticed it. But yeah, she might be hovering a bit...

oldmanmagician.jpg

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein