Fallout: New Vegas

J.E. Sawyer

But imagine the wailing and sobbing if they sold us a 10 hour game.

I think so many heads would collectively explode it would amount to an ethinc cleansing. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

New cam footage with Pete Hines playing through a bit of Primm: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-10-fallout-new/705552

Mostly combat here. The ironsights and weapons really do look great, it feels like everything has much more "weight" behind it.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Seeing this opens up a question to me I didn't thought about asking earlier. Will we get 'real' weather this time around? Like.. you know, sand storms 'n stuff? Seeing one of the rumored nuclear cyclons from the mid-west would be pretty too, I'll guess.

Would be cool thing, at least.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

When Pete himself takes the wheel, you know this game will be serious business, indeed.

He did a pretty good job hanging in there with low health.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Understand I'm not blaming Obs directly--this kind of stuff is still too common in rpgs in general. I was just hoping Obs would raise the bar a bit. Starting the game with a fetch-it quest is just kind of blah.

What is there really to do in crpgs other than fetch this and kill that? Most stuff just seems variations of the two. Occasional variation of fetch this is go there and pull lever and the variation of kill that is kill everything else except that.

That's one awesome cake! :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

yeah, it has it's moments. explore the world for a couple of days, forget the main storyline. when you get bored, delete the game.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Didn't play Fallout 3 because I hate Bethesda. Is it worth playing before New Vegas comes out?

Depends what you like in a game. If you are looking for story and characters, then probably you won't have much interest in FO3. If you like exploration of an open world, then you'll probably enjoy the game for at least a while.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Didn't play Fallout 3 because I hate Bethesda. Is it worth playing before New Vegas comes out?

Depends what you like in a game. If you are looking for story and characters, then probably you won't have much interest in FO3. If you like exploration of an open world, then you'll probably enjoy the game for at least a while.

I'd say this is on the money. I'm a story and characters guy (even though I believe the wine-sippers in this forum consider my tastes in this front unrefined ;)) and I was bored to tears with FO3. I had to lay it aside twice during the ~year it took me to beat it once. It didn't draw the kind of 'I'll never touch the ****ing thing again' reaction, say, GTA IV brought about, I just can't bring myself into caring about the game... :/

It didn't draw the kind of 'I'll never touch the ****ing thing again' reaction, say, GTA IV brought about

no way ;) GTA IV is fantastic, I don't understand. it's right up there with GTA II and Vice City, there's no way I'm believing, you, having enjoyed previous titles, didn't like the last game. it's the same as usual but 10 times better!

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

It didn't draw the kind of 'I'll never touch the ****ing thing again' reaction, say, GTA IV brought about

no way :o GTA IV is fantastic, I don't understand. it's right up there with GTA II and Vice City, there's no way I'm believing, you, having enjoyed previous titles, didn't like the last game. it's the same as usual but 10 times better!

I've played gta III, vice city and IV, and the only one I can describe myself as enjoying was vice city. I just don't enjoy free roaming games. If I want to move around in a realistic city, I'll grab the cell phone & wallet and leave my place. If I want to go grab a beer with a friend, I'll go do it at a real bar, and not drunk drive home. ;)

bah, GTA was never about these things for me, I'd always cheat where it was possible to skip the dating and money making. Four has amazing missions, my personal favorite is the bank robbery, reminds of Mann's "The Heat".

Walsingham said: