What you did today

Gorth

i went to a friend's ep release gig tonight, and saw her play a song about a friend of ours who committed suicide last year

i was so god damn proud she managed to get through the song and she sang beautifully

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Early to bed, early to rise, exercised, showered, dressed, and now I'm heading out to catch some early morning light.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I bought a house this week. It was a little more than I wanted to spend, but there's little work to be done to it, as opposed to the less expensive places we had been looking at. It's nice. I look forward to taking possession of it in a month or two. And going back to weekly mortgage payments. Those are so much fun I don`t know how to put it into words.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Been raining today as I try to get over a cold (I've had for a week). It might actually start snowing if the temp drops much more.

Anyway, today I got this in one of my email accounts and it ticked me off a tiny bit

Dear Associate,

How are you doing my friend? I guess great

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Today I celebrate my birthday! I am having friends round and we will be eating pies and beer, and I have a number of construction challenges for people. Hopefully it will be quite fun. I spent a bunch on colourful bits, small party bangers , balloons and so forth so the challenges will be fun. If not, I shall be too drunk to care.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Today I celebrate my birthday! I am having friends round and we will be eating pies and beer, and I have a number of construction challenges for people. Hopefully it will be quite fun. I spent a bunch on colourful bits, small party bangers , balloons and so forth so the challenges will be fun. If not, I shall be too drunk to care.

Happy Birthday Wals.

merry oldmas, oh ancient one :o

Thanks all. Had a great time, some ludicrous things were made including (if only I were making this up) a codpiece with a shaped charge (of party streamers) in it. In the shape of a lion's head. Pub crawl followed, where I discovered that you can take a large stein of budvar, and drop a small shot glass of spiced rum into it, and the result is like a good pale ale. Very very tasty.

Monged about today.

Just had a look at my weather forecast and tomorrow is just 'fog'. WTF?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

We pulled out my grandparent's 50 year-old projector and watched some of their old home movies.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Thanks all. Had a great time, some ludicrous things were made including (if only I were making this up) a codpiece with a shaped charge (of party streamers) in it. In the shape of a lion's head. Pub crawl followed, where I discovered that you can take a large stein of budvar, and drop a small shot glass of spiced rum into it, and the result is like a good pale ale. Very very tasty.

Monged about today.

Just had a look at my weather forecast and tomorrow is just 'fog'. WTF?

that is... awesome o:)

These days I make more accidental (or just plain mindless) grammatical/spelling errors than a brain damaged monkey using a typewriter with its toes. I'm so glad we don't have to use white-out anymore.

Also...does anyone else ever have trouble with the forum not loading? It happens to me a lot these days. Not constantly, but there will be these short periods a few times a day where I want to check 'em and it hangs and hangs. No biggie, only wondering it's just me. I have problems w/Netflix & other things sometimes on this computer for some reason, too.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

These days I make more accidental (or just plain mindless) grammatical/spelling errors than a brain damaged monkey using a typewriter with its toes. I'm so glad we don't have to use white-out anymore.

Also...does anyone else ever have trouble with the forum not loading? It happens to me a lot these days. Not constantly, but there will be these short periods a few times a day where I want to check 'em and it hangs and hangs. No biggie, only wondering it's just me. I have problems w/Netflix & other things sometimes on this computer for some reason, too.

I get it occasionally, too. Used to be more often, though, seems very infrequent these days. And it's pretty much just this forum.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Had one of those slightly strange nights of vivid and surreal dreams that blended in to short periods of wakefulness and then returning to sleep and more weird dreaming...

Pushing that first cup of tea to ensure my mind is in some form of proper cognition and getting the day started..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

My parents came to visit for the weekend, and we accomplished a huge amount of house projects with their help. Replaced the front door (which used to be ancient, warped, and drafty), did some new weatherstripping on the back door, replaced a flagstone step out in the yard (one of two to climb from the driveway to the front walk), installed a new mailbox, fixed a showerhead, replaced a bathroom faucet, and hung some blinds in the kitchen. The new front door and surrounding trim still need to be painted, but it doesn't look terrible at present, so that's low-priority.

Noticed my ex had gotten married. I'd say that about crushed the last furtive vestiges of hope I had for ever shacking up together with the woman I absolutely love form the bottom of my heart.

Oh, and thanks to all for the birthd'y wishes! :) :)

-Elwood Blues

Noticed my ex had gotten married. I'd say that about crushed the last furtive vestiges of hope I had for ever shacking up together with the woman I absolutely love form the bottom of my heart.

Given that about 40% of marriages end in divorce nowadays, I'd play the long game.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Given that about 40% of marriages end in divorce nowadays, I'd play the long game.

Nah, the games are over. OTOH, I'm not going to start ignoring her or anything juvenile like that (what my father, a retired (full) professor, of all people, is telling me to do - happily I know better than to take relationship advice from him), coz, in spite of everything, it's pretty obvious that we both really like each other, and I'd be a ****ing idiot to piss that all away. I at least want her to show up in my funeral when I gas myself (too bad I have an electric stove at this place). :)

No, seriously, this just means that I can split the country when/if the opportunity arises itself - no need to look back, if she or anybody else wants to find me, they'll be able to, just fine.

Re: relationships in general, my problem is that I've seen too many relationships founded on a mutual fear of being left alone. I'm not afraid of it, I'm sure as hell not going to hitch up with some domineering hag after having been to the top of the mountain.

Wonder if I had a point at some stage... gone now, at any rate. :)