Oppenheimer: "I'm on a BOAT, mother ******"

Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Portable nuclear reactors have to start somewhere. Maybe one will fit in my garage some day :)

One of our clients builds container sized desalination plants. Easy to transport and you can add as many as needed. Maybe that is the future of power plants?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Portable nuclear reactors have to start somewhere. Maybe one will fit in my garage some day :)

One of our clients builds container sized desalination plants. Easy to transport and you can add as many as needed. Maybe that is the future of power plants?

These already exist. Examine Hyperion Nuclear Module. It's for bigger sheds, but smaller reactors also exist.

So in late 2012 Russia and China cause the nuclear apocalypse :( I knew we should had blasted the hell out of those people.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

According to the World Nuclear Association's reactor database, China had 12 operating reactors on August 1 this year, with 24 under construction. A total of 33 reactors are going through the planning stage, with a further 120 facilities proposed.

Good for them. We should be doing the exact same thing.

As an aside, I was watching a show on Discovery channel a while back that predicted we should achieve fusion reactors within the next 10 years.

I suppose the point of the portable reactor is that the owner can make a meaningful threat of withdrawing service without a huge deconstruction cost.

I'm still very VERY alarmed about the danger of putting one on a ship. I swear to God a lot of decision makers think ships exist in some magical parallel dimension.

...Stick close to your desks and never go to sea...

And you ALL may be rulers of the Queen's naveeeeee.

(skip to 1.34

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

eh, if it goes down in the gulf of mexico it won't be bad... after all there isn't anything left there to harm :D

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.