Amnesia: The Dark Descent

pcrk2

Frictional Games released yesterday the demo for their upcoming game, Amnesia

I must say it was magnificent.

You can download it right here

Edited by pcrk2

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Ach, only just bought the Penumbra collection today (part of Gamersgate's weekend sale). I should probably play those first :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Don't forget to keep an eye on Amnesia. It's very Penumbra-like.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Steam > GamersGate... I just used Gamers Gate for the first time because of this thread, and while I liked the little reward system, everything else about the experience was horrid. Especially when I ended up buying it twice because I somehow bought the Mac version first :|.

GamersGate, you suck. Now all i can do is hope Penumbra doesn't suck and is worth the small amount I paid for it.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Steam > GamersGate... I just used Gamers Gate for the first time because of this thread, and while I liked the little reward system, everything else about the experience was horrid. Especially when I ended up buying it twice because I somehow bought the Mac version first :|.

GamersGate, you suck. Now all i can do is hope Penumbra doesn't suck and is worth the small amount I paid for it.

Neither the fact that it is called "Penumbra __ Mac", nor the handy little Apple icon afterwards nor the system requirements tipped you off as to what version you were buying?

I guess you've proven GG isn't idiot proof, at least.

Since I'm an inherently nice guy I'd point out that you can ask for a refund and since they're in Sweden you'll probably get it too, even if only as a credit.

Edited by Zoraptor

Neither the fact that it is called "Penumbra __ Mac", nor the handy little Apple icon afterwards nor the system requirements tipped you off as to what version you were buying?

I guess you've proven GG isn't idiot proof, at least.

Since I'm an inherently nice guy I'd point out that you can ask for a refund and since they're in Sweden you'll probably get it too, even if only as a credit.

I clicked the link from the offers sidebar, where the full products name isn't indicated.

At no point was it blatently obvious I was buying a mac product until I had actually purchased the title. It is stated in small text next to platform, but as I didn't have the full window open, I never noticed the symbol.

I'm not bothered about a refund, I just won't use the service again.

I believe its a potentially easy mistake to make on the website.

I'm also responsible for not fully paying attention to what exactly I was buying.

My experience with the service was fairly poor.

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

One could argue that the service's experience with you was fairly poor. :fdevil:

I kid.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

• 4 months later...