Mass effect 2 and Dying True Rpgs

Did it really change anything, though? The bad guy in KOTOR was still the bad guy after the revelation. The bad guy in Mass Effect turns out to be something you thought was a danged prop.

But it's worthless to do this comparison, really. Twists are cheap. Mass Effect wasn't a thrilling story. Neither was KOTOR. And that's all my point is. If the only thing you have to go to compliment a work is a single twist, then it's not an especially good story.

It changes the perspective, I went from seeing Malak as a sinister sith who tortures people to just being my ex-apprentice :p

If all you got from Kotor was a plot twist then I feel sorry for you, it laid the groundwork for what would had become an epic trilogy. But damn it there is not KOTOR III :fdevil:

To be fair, what else was there in KOTOR1 worth remembering?

Hey, it did do quite well at providing that.. star wars space opera atmosphere. And while we can look back and see some of the flaws, at the time.. it was a fun game. It's still worth the odd playaround when you're in the right mood.

And frankly, the ending cinematic if you go dark side is quite good.. :fdevil:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm prepping for my 4th playthrough, this time with all the new DLC (Overlord and tomorrow, Shadowbroker). Wonder if there's any useful class outside of soldier I should try?

Anything but adept is better than a soldier.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'm prepping for my 4th playthrough, this time with all the new DLC (Overlord and tomorrow, Shadowbroker). Wonder if there's any useful class outside of soldier I should try?

I for one was bored to tears on my Soldier playthrough. :lol:

Current favourites are Sentinel and Infiltrator - especially if you have Kasumi. Sentinel seems to suit my personal playstyle best (I liked vanguards in ME1), and infiltrator has a nice mish-mash of ammo and activated powers with a neat sniper scope time dilation (with no ability activatio required).

Vanguard's charge is a suicide pill, so I wound playing it as a soldier-, just sticking to squad cryo + inferno :p

Adept and Engineer still unplayed, just made played through ME1 on a new char and doing that as an adept later this week. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Killing Carth.

Mission as well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Vanguard is for normal difficulty, same for Adept.

Infiltrator/Soldier/Sentinel is for anything over Normal. Infiltrator's a lot of fun if you focus on sniping, Solider is just boring and Sentinel I hear is just spamming shields (which sounds fun, actually).

Never pick Engineer.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Infiltrator/Soldier/Sentinel is for anything over Normal. Infiltrator's a lot of fun if you focus on sniping, Solider is just boring and Sentinel I hear is just spamming shields (which sounds fun, actually).

Shields... and warp... and overload. Swiss army knife.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I enjoyed my Engineer run. Engineer is the only class where a companion has your special class skill and two of them do. So you can run around with Tali and Legion, sending out your little drones and hacking Geth for a small army.

Too bad there's only like one mission where you can do that.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Getting Zaalbar to kill Mission = cruel. It's also probably KOTORs single largest redeeming feature.

Unfortunately you can't kill Carth, mores the pity, though hopefully he gets eaten off screen by some peckish Rakatan. Carth Onasi: less balls than a 14 year old twilek girl.

And yeah, I too guessed the twist very early.

On the subject of ME2, some may find this article (blatantly stolen from RPGWatch) interesting.

Edited by Zoraptor

28 times!!!

I like ME2 a lot, but beat it 28 times!!!!

I can't fathom one's need to play the same game so many times. Even my favorite games I cna't play to completion more than 3 times and usually on the 3rd or 4th time boredom steps in. (these doesn't count old skool games that took an hour to finish).

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You can't fathom the need to do something you did?

In need of soul searching, I take it?

Never pick Engineer.

Engie has anti armor and shield skills, perfect for highest difficulty.

So... what? (then again, my first (and only) play was Engie on the highest difficulty, and darn did these skills come in handy)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Never pick Engineer.

Engie has anti armor and shield skills, perfect for highest difficulty.

So... what? (then again, my first (and only) play was Engie on the highest difficulty, and darn did these skills come in handy)

Warp kicks down Shields AND Barriers while dealing AoE damage. Drones are mostly worthless unless spammed (and then you have no tank or adept in your party). They also get some pretty bad weapons and don't exactly have the highest shields.

I'm sure you can go through the game on hardest with them, like any other class, it's just a much bigger challenge.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"You can't fathom the need to do something you did?"

wut u spikkin awf, phewl?

You can't fathom to need to play a game more than 3, but you said you played it 28.

Methinks you misunderstood, though it is understandable given Volo left out a word. He was responding to the article linked in Zoraptor's post where 2 PC games were recorded as having beaten the game 28 times through Bioware's Big Brother game habits/feedback app.

Edited by Archmonarch

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Volo should stop lying then! I can't be held responsible.

Unfortunately you can't kill Carth, mores the pity, though hopefully he gets eaten off screen by some peckish Rakatan. Carth Onasi: less balls than a 14 year old twilek girl.

Darkside female can kill him. It's a fitting reward for suffering through the 'romance'... even better than killing Carth Jr.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I can say that I honestly enjoyed ME2. It was a reasonably good game. I sure as hell enjoyed it more than Dragon Age, which for a "true RPG" was pretty ****ing awful.

Now, for what was wrong with it:

I can also say that I enjoyed ME1 a lot more, and that ME3 better have more of a plot than ME2. Also, I do hope they move away from the "dark, edgy" art direction, because all it really does is make the game look like someone dumped a bucket of black paint over everything. ME1s art direction worked so well for the setting - ME2's atmosphere simply can't compare.

The RPG elements should have been streamlined and fixed, not removed entirely. The game plays like an inferior Gears of War (with a color scheme to match!). The biotics went from feeling awesome to feeling utterly lame - Yes, they were rather absurdly powerful in ME1, but I'd rather that than have them be as completely underwhelming as they were in ME2. Hell, I loved tossing five enemies in front of me backwards into a wall and watching them crumble into a heap on the ground. Give me that back.

And planet scanning is worse than the ****ing Mako. Please, Bioware, in ME3, do not base the end-game reactivity on something as ****ing banal and tedious as planet scanning. Thanks.

P.S. - Ammo is tedium and it ****ed up the lore. Better to get rid of it in ME3 and forget it ever happened.

Edited by Oblarg

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies