More RPG-like lifespan

I have only finished the first Saudi Arabia operation, does any of the missions become replayable later in the game? if not, can you start a new game after completing the storyline and carry over skills and gear? I dont want to start a new game and do all my work over again. I have two more straight questions, please dont feel offended about it, its just important info I require: what is the level of western propaganda in the game, I dont want to recommend the game to friends in Russia and China if it might offend them. Is this one of those games that is neglected on PS3, I bought it on PC and may want to recommend it to friends with PS3s. Thanks.

if you finish the game in recruit mode, you can replay the game in the veteran mode. although you don't exactly carry over items in veteran mode, you have extra dialouge options, more money and more skills in the beginning.

there's no western propaganda in this game at all.

I wouldn't recommend it for Chinese players; the Taiwan missions heavily feature Chinese police as bad guys, and a very large part of the plot involves splintering China and Taiwan so that China and America enter into a second Cold War. Russian players shouldn't have a problem with it, since in the Moscow levels your bad guys are either gangsters or mercenaries (and everyone hates gangsters and mercenaries).

Like dogukan said, if you finish the game in Recruit mode there's an additional Veteran mode you can replay the game in later, which has better starting equipment, much higher initial stat points (120 to 140, don't recall which exactly, as opposed to 30-31 or 0), and lots of extra money. And no, you can't replay the missions unless you reload from a previous save file.

And I can't comment on whether it's neglected on PS3 or not, sorry.

I have two more straight questions, please dont feel offended about it, its just important info I require: what is the level of western propaganda in the game, I dont want to recommend the game to friends in Russia and China if it might offend them.

I think you're covered for the Russian part of the game. The Taiwanese part might be trickier, but if we didn't hear about it from Chinese players, I don't think it's really that sensitive for them.

They aren't really the bad guys as much as (spoiler alert)

they think you're the proposed assassin and thus try to stop you as result.

Everyone's tricked, and that's one of the strong points of AP.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Thanks for the info, sad about the linearity though, I've been looking for a proper RPG for a long time. As for the PS3 version, I think I'll skip this one on the PS3 and wait for Rockstar's "Agent", sounds like its going to be PS3 exclusive though, but then, it means that they can utilize the PS3's true power without other platforms dragging it down. One off-topic question: can anyone recommend some RPGs that feature all core RPG elements like freedom, respawning enemies/random encounters, character development and questing? Platform does'nt matter, I have a PC, PS3 and 360.

'Core RPG elements' mean a huge number of different things for people, i.e. I wouldn't count respawn/random as necessary at all. Question is what are you looking for?

Alpha Protocol is extremely nonlinear, in the sense that you can play it 6, 7 times and still not see everything.

From your posts it sounds like you want a game which lets you roam in an open/sandbox world, fight a large number of possibly random/respawning enemies, continue the game as long as possible and build up a character, etc. To be honest you're really looking at MMOs for that, but you can also go for Bethesda games (Oblivion / Fallout 3).

Thanks for the info, sad about the linearity though, I've been looking for a proper RPG for a long time. As for the PS3 version, I think I'll skip this one on the PS3 and wait for Rockstar's "Agent", sounds like its going to be PS3 exclusive though, but then, it means that they can utilize the PS3's true power without other platforms dragging it down. One off-topic question: can anyone recommend some RPGs that feature all core RPG elements like freedom, respawning enemies/random encounters, character development and questing? Platform does'nt matter, I have a PC, PS3 and 360.

>implying agent will be a RPG

>implying free roam makes games RPGs

>implying oblivion, a game with "freedom", respawning enemies, character development and questing had core RPG values

Edited by dogukan

> implying that you don't need to go back to /b/

Why does 'Agent' sound familiar to me? I must look this up.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I hardly could call Oblivion a RPG, but... whatever.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

> implying that you don't need to go back to /b/

Why does 'Agent' sound familiar to me? I must look this up.

>Implying that implying is restricted to /b/.

/mu/ is pretty clogged with >implying, as well.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies