Discovery Channel hostage situation

Tale

Any human whio is more pro animal/nature than pro human are scumbags.

I am of the opinion that you are more of a scumbag that me. Pro-humans might even agree with me!

Not surprisingly, is it? :p

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

The greatest thing to come out of this whole endeavor:

Saving the environment and the remaning species diversity of the planet is now your mindset. Nothing is more important than saving them. The Lions, Tigers, Giraffes, Elephants, Froggies, Turtles, Apes, Raccoons, Beetles, Ants, Sharks, Bears, and, of course, the Squirrels.

It is now my mission to work "and, of course, the Squirrels" into conversation as often as I can. Really, there aren't many sentences out there that wouldn't be improved by adding "and, of course, the Squirrels" to the end of it.

"I'll have the house salad with basalmic, the roast chicken, and, of course, the squirrels"

"Unfortunately, the cancer has spread from your lungs to your liver, and, of course, the squirrels"

What's an 'anti baby' agenda anyway

for those who don't know this is basically that we shouldn't be constantly increasing our population and should work to lower the amount of people per generation. It's usually proposed by those who are seriously worried about overpopulation which I can understand.

This debate rages in Australia constantly. Most Australians do not support the idea of a 'big Australia' and want to limit population growth.

Personally I think the ideal solution is for the government to cut all welfare funding which encourages people to have kids. If you can't afford kids within the regular welfare programmes of universal healthcare and welfare, don't have them, or work harder till you can afford to! The government should also actively campaign to educate people to only have 0 or 1 children.

This should accomplish a negative natural population growth rate. Then, skilled immigration should be used to maintain population growth at a static level - take the excess from other countries.

I full acknowledge this will cause economic hardship at first due to the aging population and skills shortage that would occur. But we can work past this through automation - Japan proves that.

That might work... if kids you couldn't afford evaporated like smiling pixies, rather than descending into a hell of crime, exploitation, and polishing my shoes.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Any human whio is more pro animal/nature than pro human are scumbags.

I am of the opinion that you are more of a scumbag that me. Pro-humans might even agree with me!

Not surprisingly, is it? :p

I'm only more pro animal than pro human when its cute animals and ugly humans.

There's a lot of ugly humans, though.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Personally I think the ideal solution is for the government to cut all welfare funding which encourages people to have kids. If you can't afford kids within the regular welfare programmes of universal healthcare and welfare, don't have them, or work harder till you can afford to!

Poor people are gonna multiply whether they have the means or not.

Personally I think the ideal solution is for the government to cut all welfare funding which encourages people to have kids. If you can't afford kids within the regular welfare programmes of universal healthcare and welfare, don't have them, or work harder till you can afford to!

You and me baby ain't nothing but mammals

so let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

One thing I've found in life is that if a couple get... aroused and they want to do it (as in they have their partner) they WILL find a way to satisfy themselves, usually ends up without any protection so you get a kid in 9 months sometimes.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

One thing I've found in life is that if a couple get... aroused and they want to do it (as in they have their partner) they WILL find a way to satisfy themselves, usually ends up without any protection so you get a kid in 9 months sometimes.

And, of course, the Squirrels.

o:)

They found out morning-after pills, overdue-threatments and abortus for that though.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Education/propaganda has been proven to influence natural population growth both ways.

Idiocracy at work.

Overpopulation is probably the world's biggest problem, and if not it soon will be. Glad to see at least some people are realizing this, no matter how nuts their way of spreading the message might be.

I mean, look around you. Most of us live on tiny strips of land, surrounded on all sides by many more people. Living in the suburbs myself, I am already frequently annoyed by my neighbors. I can only imagine how horrible living in a large city like NYC must be. And I'm only considering privacy here. It'll get a lot worse once scarcity of resources becomes a major issue. For some reason I'll never understand, we are focused on keeping the handicapped and dying alive (even going as far as forcing them to live). No wonder mankind is rapidly outgrowing its boundaries. The human species is becoming a plague to this planet. Don't misunderstand me, some compassion and ethics are nice, but it should be clear by now there's an upper limit to that. Global warming would most likely be a much smaller problem if the global population were half the size it currently is.

Overpopulation is probably the world's biggest problem, and if not it soon will be. Glad to see at least some people are realizing this, no matter how nuts their way of spreading the message might be.

I mean, look around you. Most of us live on tiny strips of land, surrounded on all sides by many more people. Living in the suburbs myself, I am already frequently annoyed by my neighbors. I can only imagine how horrible living in a large city like NYC must be. And I'm only considering privacy here. It'll get a lot worse once scarcity of resources becomes a major issue. For some reason I'll never understand, we are focused on keeping the handicapped and dying alive (even going as far as forcing them to live). No wonder mankind is rapidly outgrowing its boundaries. The human species is becoming a plague to this planet. Don't misunderstand me, some compassion and ethics are nice, but it should be clear by now there's an upper limit to that. Global warming would most likely be a much smaller problem if the global population were half the size it currently is.

So, what groups of people do you think we should be killing off then Pope?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Kate Gosselin and the octomom are extreme outliers.

The fertility rate in the US is almost exactly two children per woman. ALL the population growth in the US comes from immigration.

Industrialized countries experience very low fertility rates, often below replacement levels. As countries industrialize, their fertility rate drops.

World population is predicted to peak around 2050-2070 at 8-9 billion.

Edited by Whipporwill

We can hold on for a while longer whilst the technology evolves to continue to solve problems brought by overpopulation. Just look at Japan, they have had an overpopulation problem for some time now and have found ways to maintain resources and properly use space.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

"The human species is becoming a plague to this planet."

The planet will be fine. Humans are not a plague to the planet as we are doing what nature intends us to do. EVERYTHING we do is natural no matter how good or horrible it is. The planet is happy with us. When it is our turn to be extinct, the planet will let us know just like it has with all other extinct species.

Also, screw the planet. I don't feel sorry for nature since it mass murders people and other creatures by the millions so if it dies, good riddance to bad rubbish. If it ever does (unlikely), there's a good chance humans would have moved on, and by then, I will not care as I will be dead and nothing but a fading or completely faded (non) memory. 8shruG*

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The planet will be fine. Humans are not a plague to the planet as we are doing what nature intends us to do. EVERYTHING we do is natural no matter how good or horrible it is. The planet is happy with us. When it is our turn to be extinct, the planet will let us know just like it has with all other extinct species.

Also, screw the planet. I don't feel sorry for nature since it mass murders people and other creatures by the millions so if it dies, good riddance to bad rubbish. If it ever does (unlikely), there's a good chance humans would have moved on, and by then, I will not care as I will be dead and nothing but a fading or completely faded (non) memory. 8shruG*

I can't decide if you are nihilistic or stupid.

Problem with our level of population right now is that if something happens that kills the infrastructure we're totally boned.

Japan would die off pretty quick if you cut off their trade simply because of their population problem. Sure they have some good ideas about how to deal with it (hydroponic greenhouses indoors, building up rather than out) but if something goes wrong, boom... population crash (and possibly evolution is triggered because of the lack of being able to move around.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

If something happens to the infrastructure anywhere most population centers are screwed because food production usually takes place far away and in cities, food supply is finite. The folks who stand the best chance of survival are those who have the knowledge and means to be reasonably self sufficient. Japan depends on desalination for a good bit of it's water so as long as those plants are maintained they would be fine.

It only makes sense of everyone to lay up a two week store of food and essentials for emergencies. When I lived in Florida and hurricanes came rolling in 3-4 times a year it was just understood that everyone did this. But now I own a good size piece of land that has a small river on one border so I could actually grow/hunt/gather food and fuels if the need ever arose.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

So, what groups of people do you think we should be killing off then Pope?

Let's start with fundamentalists.

I can't decide if you are nihilistic or stupid.

I thought those were the same thing.

Edited by Pope

This will rpobably trigger a natural disaster in itself, but I have to agree with Volo. Mother nature makes species go extinct all the ***ing time. Stripping down to our skids, and running through the long grass laughing won't save our sorry asses (particularly if we wander through hidden thistles). Survival will only ever be sustainable if we can master our environment, and that means - frankly and cruely - that we suck all the support we can out of this dirtball and hike out exploring in search of more.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Let's start with fundamentalists.

Gotcha. So, let me see here... you are not a fundamentalist, in fact you are the opposite of that. So what you are really advocating here is solving the excess population problem by killing off people whose social/politcal opinions you disagree with. Does that about sum it up? It's ok, you can admit it. You are hardly the first to come up with that plan. It was pretty big in Europe in the 1930s and 40s too. In fact there are a few groups in the world today, most are around the middle east area.

Thomas Sowell