THQ: Buying used games is "cheating".

kirottu

I have NO PROBLEM with the Way ME2 or DA:O handled things. I DO have a problem with the way THQ is stating how they would handle it.

Though people here have said housing is not like games, they are missing the point...as is the Video game industry. If THQ has a problem, the solution isn't to try to cry in their soup about property being sold second hand. The solution is simply TO DO WHAT EVERY FREAKING OTHER PROPERTY sales do. That's right...whether it's cars, houses, DVD's, and even games...other companies who sell retail and firsthand, have decided to sell secondhand...even thirdhand and so forth.

That's what Gamestop does. They said, hey, it works with housing, it works with cars...it worked with CD's and Video tapes (it started before Gamestop, EB games if any one remembers them), why not Videogames as well?

So if THQ has a problem, the solution is simple. They get into the secondhand game market themselves, and undersell everyone else. It's called...hold for it...hold for it...Capitalism.

There is NOTHING stopping THQ from getting into the second hand game market. Online retailers have already done so, such as Amazon. All THQ has to do is say...hey, if you buy a hard copy of our game, and get tired of it, send it in and WE'LL GIVE YOU MONEY (or credits on our online service, or whatever). In fact, if they have special incentives via online for people who sell them their games back... I'm pretty certain they could beat out Gamestop or whatever. Then they could rake in all that "fat cash" now couldn't they. IN fact, instead of whining about why someone is going to buy a second hand copy of a game THEY NO LONGER EVEN PUBLISH...they can buy the game back and then sell it to me for less then Gamestop!

But...then they might have to actually worry about the customer...oh dear. So instead they'll cry into their soup because they don't want to try to get into a game which they are already positioned to beat out Gamestop with their own games any day of the week if they so choose...and instead complain instead of actually helping their customers...and helping themselves.

Sorry if I don't feel any pity towards a group that want to try to punish their customers instead of looking for a solution that would be nice for the customer and even make them money (if what they claim about second hand games making so much is true), for a little more work on their part.

Then again, maybe that's what the problem is...they don't want to hire a representative like the people in gamestop who buy your games...they don't want to really spend the effort or work to get that money...they just want the money for free instead.

Funny thing greylord. You're saying that the second hand market is capitalism at it's finest. And yet so is THQ doing it's damndest to kill said market.

You're telling them to get into the market as a retailer of their own products... ok, you explain to them exactly where they're supposed to come up with the funding for this, and the infrastructure to support said venture. They are a publisher. It's like asking 3m to start setting up 3m stores for post its.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Ahhhhfugtardatjlker'ajeta!

Friggin reload screw up, DELETE MEH!

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Again, this was one guy at THQ telling off people who whine about missing out on online content when they buy second hand. People seem to continue to blow this out of proportion.

It's what people do on forums... :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

But.. but that means we're no better than those... animals!

*snarls and leaps on Purk*

"If we fight like animals, we'll die like animals!" - The Doctor, Survival

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

"If we fight like animals, we'll die like animals!" - The Doctor, Survival

I remember thinking at the time: " Yeah. Or win, like animals. Like in Puma Man."

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.