• Might and Magic 3
    • Might and Magic 4
    • Might and Magic 5
    • Might and Magic 6
    • Might and Magic 7
    • Might and Magic 8
    • Might and Magic 9
    • Other? (Please give an example)

I voted IWD2. Also M&M 4-5 (which are really one honkin' huge game), mostly because of the wholly irrational nostalgia I have for the series. The World of Xeen is my favorite airplane time-killer on my tiny laptop.

video let's plays are no fun

Well, I don't like forum let's plays, so there.

Video let's plays work best with things like shooters/closer viewpoint/action games...where you aren't always stopping for/selling loot or pausing to give commands etc. Not that you can't do them w/other games, just harder to make it entertaining w/out a lot of editing/work. So imo there's still room for forum/screenshot let's plays. I usually like them best when they're written out like an actual story w/pic illustrations, but Tigranes naming the party after forumites is a hoot. :)

Perhaps we could have a sub-forum for this?

If we started getting a lot of them, I'd agree...but one now and then, I don't see a need.

As to the original question, I don't have a preference. I'm not familiar with even half those games (I've played M&M 6-9 & a little of Wizardry8) so...seeing one of a game I haven't played would always be interesting to me.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

video let's plays are no fun

Well, I don't like forum let's plays, so there.

Video let's plays work best with things like shooters/closer viewpoint/action games...where you aren't always stopping for/selling loot or pausing to give commands etc. Not that you can't do them w/other games, just harder to make it entertaining w/out a lot of editing/work. So imo there's still room for forum/screenshot let's plays. I usually like them best when they're written out like an actual story w/pic illustrations, but Tigranes naming the party after forumites is a hoot. :lol:

Maybe I'm just more action oriented? :)

I don't even know what wizardry is. HoMM is just un-captivating. The ultra simple 'stack armies and go conquer' game Warlords is far superior.Foto%20Warlords%20II%20Deluxe.jpg Altthough where one would find a copy...

I voted Temple of Elemental Evil. It's a terrible game, but the rule implementation and the turn based aspect is rather good.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I don't even know what wizardry is. HoMM is just un-captivating. The ultra simple 'stack armies and go conquer' game Warlords is far superior.

Ah, you must be a youngin'

HoMM is not M&M, just a spin-off with a different genre.

M&M's are RPG's, not strategy like the HoMM's.

Or they're brightly colored chocolate candies, if you're a non-gamer.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Voted IWD2 and Storm of Zehir (Other) :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I would vote for a Realms of Arkania game.

Funny, I do have all three.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Well... Unless IWD 2 has a surge over the next few hours I'm almost ready to call ToEE the winner.

At which point we'll elect the obsidianites.

I'll provide a shortlist.

I don't even know what wizardry is. HoMM is just un-captivating. The ultra simple 'stack armies and go conquer' game Warlords is far superior.

Ah, you must be a youngin'

HoMM is not M&M, just a spin-off with a different genre.

I am basically of the opinion that anything pre Amiga, and by that I mean DOS graphics, is a waste of time. Why do people torture their eyes like that.

I'm not a graphics whore or anything but if you are going to play something more advanced than Pong or Space Invaders you need a certain minimum level.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Game voting is over. The game will be ToEE.

(This thread can be closed now).