More like Obsidian's previous games or more like Diablo ?

What I mean by the topic is, will it be heavily story based with choices and consequences, or will it be a brainless repetitive hack n slash game with barely a story ? (I hate the latter type of games like Diablo and Titan Quest)

I read some previews, and it said there'll be choices, but will it be heavily story based ? I know Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 are a lot like Diablo, so will this be different ?

I think the answer will lie somewhere in between. Or rather, a very heavy focus on hack'n'slash (similar to the old DS games as far as I can understand it) just with a heavier story draped over it. But I do think the game will be the most story-light Obsidian game thus far, excluding Storm of Zehir.

Might be wrong though.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

At this point there's really no way to tell. They've promised choices, deep companions, and multiple endings, but since the demos have shown only proof-of-concept quests, there's really no way to tell if they will uphold their promises.

I do not agree with the notion that implies that cutscenes and long dialogue are the only way to tell a rich story though, not at all.

It's unique, it has it's own style. But I don't like the inventory though :thumbsup:.

Reasons why Dungeon Siege is NOT a Diablo clone:

- DS has multicharacter parties.

- DS doesn't have boring pre-defined classes, but the players develop the characters.

- DS has packmules!

- DS has a huge map without any loading bars between areas, even when teleporting!

- DS has 10.000+ spells, and even more items!

Guy on another forum said that he thought the UI was smart, basically they seem to have included a grid inventory and they use a "trick" to enable the use of multiple abilities even on the limited number of buttons on a console controller. I'm betting the stance system is that "trick".

Guy on another forum said that he thought the UI was smart, basically they seem to have included a grid inventory and they use a "trick" to enable the use of multiple abilities even on the limited number of buttons on a console controller. I'm betting the stance system is that "trick".

You guessed it! There are other cool things about the stance system, but that's the fundamental sauce.

An english or french forum? Was he part of the press?

P.S. : Not completely connected, but AFAIK the demos weren't really quests in the game but more like simplified quests that used areas from the game? Or did I misinterpret?

No, that's correct :) It was a very simple quest mostly there to just show off the breadcrumbing feature, which is directly tied to your quests.

"More like Obsidian's previous games or more like Diablo ?"

Hopefully, something that stands out from the hoard of Diablo clones out there. It seems to have the visual sparkle, but does the gameplay stand out? We'll find out as soon as Square / Obsidian release some gameplay footage.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

It's unique, it has it's own style. But I don't like the inventory though :(.

Was the inventory shown? Were you at the gc? Do you have a picture?

Can you explain the inventory?

Yup, I saw it at the gamescom. I don't know if im allowed to talk about it, if I am, I will gladly tell you about it, and maybe even make a sketch of it. I dont have pictures, we weren't allowed to take pics, but I do have a nice inflatable sword with the DS3 logo on it, and a Fallout: New Vegas shirt :p.

Edited by Draganta

Reasons why Dungeon Siege is NOT a Diablo clone:

- DS has multicharacter parties.

- DS doesn't have boring pre-defined classes, but the players develop the characters.

- DS has packmules!

- DS has a huge map without any loading bars between areas, even when teleporting!

- DS has 10.000+ spells, and even more items!

Well with all the hostility and resentment between the Obsidian and Bioware boards it's inevitable that the two will go to war some day. Inflatable swords are the developers' way of legally arming us for the coming conflict.

Edited by Serrano

We have better training but their numeric advantage and FANBOYRAAAAAAGE abilities could cost us victory..

I will throw myself in their FANBOYRAAAAAAGE and inflatable swords and create a path for you to pull through should the day then come.